Wednesday 13 June 2012

World of White

It's colour challenge week over at 52 Christmas Card Challenge and this month the challenge is ALL WHITE - http://52cct.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/june-color-challenge.html  Now  a year ago, this would have freaked me out big style!   However, thanks to the challenges over at Less is More each Saturday I've learnt to push myself and we had a White on White week there last year, which I ran from, but then ended up making several cards and I now really love the WonW look.


This was a pretty simple card just using a couple of memory box dies, a stamped sentiment, silver ink and some stickles.  I die cut the deer, which are normally in a row, 3 times and layered them up to add some dimension by making them look like chipboard.  I covered them in stickles.  I then cut a piece of card slightly smaller than my base card and die cut the top of it with the house and tree border die.  Another layer of stickles for the hill line and a couple of fake hills for the deer to stand on and job done!  Oh, and I finished with the sentiment (hero arts) stamped in silver (well it wouldn't show in white!)

Right, I need to go and put together the birthday banner I just cut on my cricut ready for this weekends' party....

Catch you all later ;-)


18 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card and I love the dies you have used

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi tara, this is a great card, love the white on white look, it's perfect for a more sophisticated xmas card. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tara

    I hope you are well.

    I am finally catching up with the world at last .. .. but for how long we will have to wait and see LOL!!!

    You have been posting some fabulous makes. Love this one very much and the camera one you posted a few days ago.

    Talking of posting I found a little package of cards I was going to send to you .. .. but I see I missed the sale this time because of my blog break doh!!! So sorry!! I will make sure they are with you for the next one.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- love the die cuts and the glitter- great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful white on white Christmas card, Tara. I love your glistening snow and and reindeers...gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love the sparkle! M x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! LOVE the layers and the glittery details! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT with your gorgeous white creation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sparkle goodness of this card. Those deer are very cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your take on the 'white' card - the sparkly deer and scene on the hill..gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness Tara, you are on fire! I adored your polka dot camera and I just love this glittery white on white number too! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you hear that sound? That was my jaw dropping - I LOVE this - stunning. Thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous Tara, I love this card so much! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at 52 CCT!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful Tara - the glitter is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Since today was quite warm, the sight of sparkly white snow is particularly appealing – lovely project!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you!!!!

    A gorgeous winter wonderland. L xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you've used the dies Tara, the deer really work well apart!
    Very wintry and Christmassy :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips