Monday 25 June 2012

Strawberries, Cream and Grass....

Well it's my final day to guest over at Make My Monday - thanks so much for having me ladies.  This week we are being inspired by all things Wimbledon and have a red, cream and green colour challenge for you and that's where the strawberries cream and grass come into it.  Being a bit of a tennis fan I decided to take the theme a bit more literally and add Wimbledon (the championships start today btw) into my card inspiration.


I love this little guy from the Magnolia Winner Takes it All release (in fact it was my favourite Magnolia release so far so I have quite a few of them!)  I coloured him in copics and then paper pieced his outfit and the ball.  A little matting and layering, some craft candy dots and a nice strawberry coloured based card and he's ready for the opening rounds (although his outfit would be frowned up at Wimbledon as they like you to only wear white!)

Have fun with the theme, and watching the championships if you're that way inclined.  It's the only sporting event I follow properly so I'll be glued to the little TV in my craft room for the next couple of weeks - maybe this year will be Andy Murrays?  We can but live in hope.....

6 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for being such a great GDT for MMM during Monday. This is an adorable card and perfect for the challenge...Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so much fun, Tara - bring on the tennis! (I hate it actually, lol!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card! Lovely image and perfect for Wimbledon! Missing that over here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute, Tara! LOVE the image--and your colors are fabulous! So glad to have you this month--you've been a fabulous GDT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the perfect image to kick wimbledon off! Enjoy the thrills and spills! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for being such a great GDT Tara - a grand finish this card is an ace!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips