Thursday 7 June 2012

Bon Appetit!

Something a little different from me today - not a card - but a set of napkins!  I'd been wanting to have another go at stamping on material and when I saw this cute cutlery stamp it just called out to me (well I am Sheffield born and bred so cutlery is in my genes as my Grandfather was a little mester)


I simply stamped the image in the corner of 4 linnen napkins and added a "bon appetit" sentiment to the name plate and heat sealed it with an iron and greaseproof paper so the napkins are now washable at 30 degrees.  I've made them into a a little gift set and they will be going in my Folksy store.   I have plans to make more with bride and groom on as I think they'd make nice wedding gifts too.

I'm going to enter them into this weeks MAWTT challenge which is anything but a card http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/anything-but-square.html


6 comments:

  1. I have already waxed lyrical to you about this wonderful project Tara so I won't go on, but what a genius idea and how resourceful to be able to carry it out! Love the info on Little Mesters too. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a Brilliant idea.. it looks fabulous and would give the perfect finishing touch to any dinner party
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look terrific and I'm sure the Bride and Groom ones will go down well too! Zx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really great make - they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is wonderful… the stamp is just perfect.. and the napkins look really classy and elegant!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and Good Luck in the Challenge!
    Big Hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is genius! I am so going to have to try this! Love the idea, thank you for playing with us at MAWTT and hope to see you Thursday for a new challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips