Sunday 10 June 2012

One Layer with a flourish

That's the challenge this week at Less is More - a one layer card featuring flourishes http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/week-71-one-layer.html

I didn't get time to play yesterday as I was at St Luke's "Summer" Fair (I use quotation marks as summer was very far from Sheffield yesterday - we couldn't get the gazebo up for the strong winds and it was a pretty disappointing day all round.

We've had rubbish weather again tonight and we've just got soaked to our pants while we tried to unblock the drains before the kitchen flooded - it's been one of those weekends all round :(

Anyhow, I managed 10 minutes to make a quick thank you card for my friend who sat for 6 hours in the cold and rain with me at the fair and I used the LIM challenge to do it with.



I don't know who made the set of stamps I used but there are a variety of lovely flourish designs in it - I chose a "straight" one to create a frame for my simply thanks greeting which is by Waltzingmouse.  I stamped it in pink and added a little stickles to the dots in the design.  Very quick and simple but I think it speaks for itself.

I won't get much time for crafting this week but I have a few projects to share while I'm busy preparing for one of our best friend's 40th Birthday party this weekend.  We are crossing everything that the long range forecast of an even worse weekend next weekend is very very wrong........




24 comments:

  1. Fabulous flourishes, Tara. And your WMS sentiment goes perfect with them. Love the colours, too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flourishes- great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh what a fabulous design, Tara, can't believe this took just 10 minutes to make, it looks much more special than that. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab Tara!
    I hope the weather forecast changes for the better for you by the weekend!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great flourishes Tara...what a nightmare you have had with the drains and the awful weather for the craft fair....hopefully things can only get better

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a glorious flourish card and the image looks great in your chosen colour scheme

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour! great card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tara, What a shame you were washed out it was a dreadful weekend weatherwise:{ Your card is beautiful, the colours fit nicely and the sentiment is just right, what delicious flourishes too! The trouble with clear stamps is that they never really stop curing! Well that's what Mr Paper Artsy, Malcolm told me at a show last year so I doubt that you mistreated your stamp! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. The colours are great and I like the way you've filled the space, but still kept it simple.

    cheers,
    rachel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful florists. The colours are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card. Sorry to hear the fair was a bit of a wash-out, and I hope the weather improves soon!! M x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hola Tara, i sorry to read the horrible weather for your fair, the weather is crazy... in Spain we have to much hot 36oC really horrible.
    But your card is FANTASTIC! i love your flourish stamp very elegant, good job Tara.
    a hug from a very, very hot place

    ReplyDelete
  13. A really elegant card and sorry you were washed out been like that up in Scotland too,fingers crossed that the sun shines for you x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, your card is very pink and pretty! I used the same waltzing mouse stamp as you this week - I love that stamp set, all the sentiments are beautiful! Love Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't the weather the pits, ruins everything! So cold n indy too, bit like summer rain!
    Your card is superb, love those flourishes
    They frame the sentiment perfectly
    Thanks so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these flourishes and the colour just "pops", Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope the weather clears up for you. We've had 22 inches of rain in the last 3 days...lots of flooding in our area. Thank goodness not at my house! Love the pretty swirls! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A friend who will sit out in the cold with you is a friend indeed and fully deserving of your pretty card. I love the graceful sentiment and the flourishes go beautifully with it. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card, very elegant and the colours are fab. Caggy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super grand flourishes. Love your colour choices. Thanks for your kind comments on my card. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulously elegant card Tara! You deserve a medal for braving the weather last weekend, hope this one is better for you, but don't hold your breath!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Tara this is just FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Tara

    Wow love that flourish stamp if you do remember who made it you must let us know!!

    Take care

    Tina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips