Monday 18 June 2012

A Midsummer Night's Dream

Well good morning all and welcome to a new week and with it a new Make My Monday challenge - my 3rd as a Guest DT member.  Here in the UK, it's approaching midsummer with our longest day of daylight fast approaching - pity the weather didn't get the memo though as the rain feels much more autumnal!   The girls have the theme this week as "a midsummer nights dream" to tie in with midsummer's night using the Shakespeare play of the same name with it's fairies and surreal scenes as inspiration - after a lot of head scratching - this is what I managed to come up with.


My starting point was the gorgeous topper sent to me by the lovely lady behind Cardmakers Delights as I thought the two fairies in the teacup were quite midsummer night's dreamy.   I layered it onto a pink nestie lable, tied some vintage seam binding ribbon around it and added a couple of pearl pins.  I mounted it onto a card covered with DP and added a dream themed sentiment and some sequin butterflies.  I mounted the lable at an angle and added some diecut swirls and some paper roses.   I don't tend naturally to this style - I love it but find it hard to do and am much better at CAS but this became my Sister-in-Law's birthday card and she loved it so I must try to do fussy more often!

I do hope you'll join in with this week's challenge - I think it's a great fun challenge to start off the week.


8 comments:

  1. Hi Tara, this is just lovely and know what you mean about doing fussy cards lol I struggle too but you did it proud!
    suzi b x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Tara, what a beautiful card! Thanks for test driving my toppers, and for the mention! Tracy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, look at you doing shabby vintage cards. This is fabulous Tara, not at all what we`re used to but you`ve done a great job.Hidden talents girl.
    Certainly looks like a midsummer night dream to me.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Tara - you are so good at CAS and shabby chic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely STUNNING work, Tara! LOVE that gorgeous sentiment--all those shabby details really dress up that darling image, too! :) Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Tara and the image is so sweet. Love the colours and all the lovely embellishing.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done a great job with this style Tara and come up with a card that is very feminine. I love the way the frame is overlapping the background. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Tara, Sorry I have missed commenting on your first two GDT slots for MMM (I have been on holiday) but I did take a look and they were fabulous as is this beautiful dreamy card. Lovely work - you're being a great GDT. Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips