Tuesday 26 June 2012

Wedding Card


Mum asked for me for a wedding card this week to send to a wedding she can't get to - she asked for it in black and grey (the invite was in that colour combo) and I was bit stumped until I spotted this great inspiration photo at this week's For Your Inspiration Challenge http://foryourinspirationchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/fyi-challenge-32.html

I decided that the addition of white would make the card feel much more weddingy and I took inspiration from the frosty trees and the texture they give to the image to use a textured background.  The bridge then made me thing of my lovely PTI die which has a sort of bridge shape.  Those two together were my main elements for the card which came out like this:



I used a gorgeous spellbinders EF with really textured hearts on it as my background and matted it onto black so it had a really thin black border.  I die cut the the scallops from grey card stock twice to make a border for the sentiment which is by Waltzingmouse.  I embossed that in black for a glossy finish and tinted some large clear gems with a black copic marker to match and set those in the centres of each scallop.

I'm also going to enter this into this weeks Allsorts Challenge which is to use a die http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/week-160-any-die-will-do.html


I decided to decorate tthe inside to match (sorry about the poor photo, forgot to switch the daylight bulb on when I took the shot so the colours are off).  I used a PTI stamp which matches the die using London Fog Momento ink to mirror the outside border and stamped another sentiment from the same Waltzingmouse set as the greeting.


I must remember to decorate the insides more often!



15 comments:

  1. simply stunning love it and what a great take on the photo I am sure the intended couple will love it
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Tara! The embossing and sentiments are lovely and I like how you decorated the inside too :) Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AMAZINGLY stunning, Tara! LOVE the gorgeous dry embossed hearts and the die cut border is fabulous! This is wonderful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful picture stunning card. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow!! Fantastic! I'll have to remember this for the next time I need to make a wedding card, Tara! Thanks for joining us at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just lovely, I love the embossed background and that die is gorgeous~ Your card is just perfect for the occasion and a beautiful take on the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really gorgeous, love how you've used those colours to make such a pretty card. M x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful wedding card Tara, and a superb interpretation of the photo. Thank you for joining us at FYI, and I hope we will see you next time!
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tara - this is so beautiful, so elegant! I love the embossed background and the die cut borders are simply lovely. So pleased to see you're getting good use for your PTI stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really elegant card Tara, inside and out! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So elegant.... thats a clever way to use the photo insp and the inside looks classy too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Love that lacy border. Thanks for joining us at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Love the embossing! Thanks for playing at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful wedding card~ Thanks for joining in at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips