Wednesday 6 June 2012

Velveteen Technique

I had a couple of disasterous attempts at Mynnette's Technique Tuesday technique last month which was velveteen stamping but didn't think I'd have anything to share as they just didn't work so I gave up as I was close to the deadline.   http://mynnettestechniquetuesday.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/velveteen-stamping.html However, the deadline has been extended, and following some further helpful instructions for the stupid (that's me btw!) I realised where I went wrong (thanks Mynnette) so I finally have something that worked!


It was a totally new technique to me, and providing you read the instructions properly and use the right ink (doh!) then it works perfectly so do check out the technique if its new to you too and give it a go.

I used my favourite Hero Arts Set in the foreground and an Elzybels leaf in the background which you can see most clearly in the flower head (the velveteen technique in action!)  I finished with an embossed white sentiment in a label aperture on the green base card.


10 comments:

  1. Well worth your patience, and not letting the technique beat you, Tara. Your card looks fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're not the only one who had trouble! But a great result in the end

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! Really love it! Will have to check out the technique, I haven't heard of it before :) M x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY WORD!!! This is exactly what I was looking for--seriously!!! GORGEOUS card--thanks so much for joining me at Technique Tuesday!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Tara this is amazing! I tried it too but my pattern hasn't shown up as well as yours... This flower is the perfect image to model the technique. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Now I understand how it was suppose to look. I did not realize our foreground images were suppose to be stamped OVER top of the background image. Doh!, here too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your win...great result..♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow just had a look through your blog and have now joined as a new follower...gorgeous cards.♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just saw that this card was a winner on the Technique Tuesday Blog - well done it's a stunner - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips