Friday 8 June 2012

Wishful thinking.....

I think I was wishing for a return to warm weather last night as I decided to play along in the Paperplayers current summer themed challenge  http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/challenge-98-jaydees-theme-challenge.html as we are in for a wet and windy day today and not much of an improvement for the weekend either.........


I decided to combine the theme with a sketch and colour challenge - Retro Sketches  http://retrosketches.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/retrosketches-14.html  (whoops missed the deadline...)  and Play Date Cafe as I LOVE the shades they've chosen this week http://theplaydatecafe.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/play-date-cafe-pdcc135.html



See, it's definitely NOT flip flop weather in the UK today but these flip flops made with my new PTI die really make me happy despite the rain.   The border die is cut from a wave patterned sheet of DP using the tessatina die from memory box and the sentiment is Kraftin Kimmie.

Keep your fingers crossed for a drier day tomorrow as I'm doing the Summer Fair for St Luke's and I'm outside :(


12 comments:

  1. This is such a great sketch isn't it?! I missed the deadline completely... I love your zingy coloured flip flops over that cool background. My fingers are also crossed for the fair! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! How cute is this! I LOVE the border! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the clean and modern layout to these and the fresh beach-y colors! Hope it's warm your way soon...So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK... as yorkshire lass myself... I'd say wet and windy was a typical summer day :-) I do hope it clears up for you for the fair.
    Love your card ... that border die. It's the perfect backing for your fabulous flip flops.
    So glad you were able to join the Paper Players this week.
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute are those little flip flops?! Love the fun details you added, too. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the color palette...I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/06/52-card-pickup-week-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is flippin' cute card! :) Lovely use of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Tessatina die is just riveting! I love it! Great background for those cute flip flops, too.

    Thanks for playing with us at The CAfe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love this Tara! I just had this Tessatina die delivered yesterday - can't wait to play with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spectacular, simple and delightful:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for PTI flip flops!!! They look super cool in bright orange :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips