Tuesday 12 June 2012

Paper-pieced polkadots and circles

I should have been doing a whole lot of things to prepare for going away at the weekend for our friends 40th (not to mention starting to bake 72 cupcakes...) but after our rubbish weekend and as my hubby went out I decided I needed a bit of me time, and that always involves a little paper and scissors action!  So I looked around at a few challenges and decided to combine a few to create this fun card:


Firstly, I had yet to make a card for this week's CASual Friday challenge which is all about polka dots, and both TSG and crazy for challenges were looking for circles which I thought would go with the polka dot theme and as I decided on my TSG camera with dots as my main image I thought it was prime for paper-piecing which is this week's challenge at do you stack up.

I stamped the camera onto some grey pearl card and then again onto blue.  I cut the blue portion out, coloured the dots with a white gel pen and glaze and paper-pieced them onto the base image.  I stamped the image onto colouring card and coloured the lens with copics, glazed the centre and pieced it on top.  I pieced in the little hearts and button details.  I cut some circles from polka dotted DP with a nestie and punched some little grey pieces to overlap and finished with a white embossed sentiment onto a black ribbon.  The stamps are both from the great new TSG set - Oh Snap


Here's the list of challenges that inspired the card:


http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/cfc56.html

http://doyoustackup.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/dysu-75-paper-piecing.html 

http://tsgclearstamps.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/tsg160-circles.html 

http://crazy4challenges.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/crazy4challenges-c4c140.html 

13 comments:

  1. Fun design and colors using the TSC circle challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea

    kitten - DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - Tara this is sheer dotty perfection! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great layout? Love it. I love camera and your card is awesome. Great Job! Thanks for playing with us @ CAS-ual Fridays Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! I love the camera image! Great paper piecing. M x

    ReplyDelete
  6. GReat card Tara and love the dotty papers...


    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tara, this is a wonderful design!!! I love that camera image and the sized dots. Great card for all challenges, thanks for joining us at DYSU :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous design!! Thank you for joining this weeks TSG challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AnonymousJune 13, 2012

    Fantastic!! Very clever design.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This. Is. Awesome! I love this design and the little bit of polka dots on the camera is such a delightful touch! I want polka dots on my camera! LOL! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, that's my favourite camera from the Oh Snap! set :) Love your circles behind too. Thanks for joining us at TSG and CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You beat me to using this set first!!! Luuurve how you paper pieced the camera and added the sentiment to the ribbon banner :0)
    Thanks for linking up to CASual Fridays :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohhhhh SNAP! Haha! LOVE this card- so FUN! And beautifully designed, too! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips