Monday 4 June 2012

MMM Pearl Birthday


As I was lucky enough to be chosen as the winner for April over at Make My Monday I get the opportunity this month to play along in all their challenges as a Guest Designer - and I'm really thrilled to be part of the team :-D

The first challenge this month is PEARL BIRTHDAY so a nice easy and open theme - any type of Birthday card as long as it features pearls.  Here's my sample:


I decided to go quite classical using a cameo set from Waltzingmouse stamps - I embossed the frame with a white pearl powder and fussy cut it out adding a liquid pearl drop at the base of each shape to bling up the pearl element.  I stamped a simple cameo from the set and cut with a small nestie.  The sentiment is also Waltzingmouse and I forced them into a curve on my acrylic block before stamping so that they fit the frame.  I die cut a couple of swirls from the same pink card and attached them behind some ribbon with a pearl slider and finished with a few more pearls to the swirls.

Go and check out what goodies the regular Make My Monday Design Team have to share with you all this morning and do play along with the challenge (well it is a bank holiday so an extra day to play for all of us!)  http://mimchallegeblog.blogspot.co.uk/




6 comments:

  1. This card is right up my street lots of pearls..LOl..lOl... love the image and the fabulous swirl die...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara, this is amazing!!! LOVE your pinks with the hint of black and your pearls are fabulous! SO glad to have you with us this month at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet, love the cameo! M x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Love all your beautiful pearls, Tara. What a gorgeous elegant card.
    Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on winning and on your GDT spot Tara - you couldn't be playing with a nicer bunch of ladies! I love your elegant design especially that gorgeous pearl-tipped swirl. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your GDT spot this month :0)
    Your first card is just so elegant, I love the flourish adorned with pearls :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips