Sunday 17 June 2012

Wooden inspiration

With our long weekend away I had totally forgotten it was Blog Party day....  I was really inspired when I saw the inspiration challenge too, so despite the 450 mile round drive we've just got back from, I had to rush into the craft room and have a go. 


This is not what I originally had in mind - my brain is a bit too frazzled from the drive and the party and I needed it to be simple so I took my inspiration from the colours, the panelling and the vases and this is what I came up with.


I stamped and embossed the greeting (compact sentiments) onto soft teal card and then over stamped the wood grain effect using the way out west background stamp with London Fog grey ink.  I dry embossed a border to look like the panelling detail and emphasised it with a white gel pen.  I created the vase using one of the teardrop shapes from the tiny trees set by cutting it out and cutting off the point.  I stamped one of the branches from that set, added some orange flower brads and stuck the vase over the top.

Quick and simple but all I had the energy for after the travelling and this weekend's party - I'll link up now before it's time to catch up on some of the zzz's I've missed out on.  http://waltzingmouse.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/june-2012-waltzingmouse-stamps-blog.html  I'll hop around tomorow when I'm more awake!

23 comments:

  1. This is just so beautiful...I love that small vase with the sweet orange flowers in it. I really like how you embossed your background, really give your card some beautiful texture. Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your clean and simple design--and your creative use of one of the tree images from Teeny Trees as a branch for your vase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the inspiration photo - love the woodgrain and the white frame - with that little bit of pumpkin color on the vase! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how both the sentiment and the woodgrain are in that pretty blue... The sweet vase stands out even more! So fun with the little brad flowers. So glad you made it home in time to play :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's fabulous...
    and utterly creative to use Teeny Trees for the vase!!
    I never would have thought...
    but I will now! *giggle*
    So glad you made it in time to play! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great design! love your creative vase (I originally thought you might have just drawn it!) the little orange flower brads really pop on the wood grain bg! So glad you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tiny vase is sooo sweet and I love the woodgrain effect in the background. Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so creative and inventive and inspired! A sweet CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the border and the vase. Those orange brads really 'pop'

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanted to achieve that effect but the simple elegance of this didn't enter my head - wish it had. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo..I love this Gorgeous CAS card!! The woodgrain background is lovely and the vase with flowers is adorable. The frame in white is so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative way to use that colourway, Tara - love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this. Your glittered sentiment is GREAT and the use of those fun brads on the trees is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I wish I could make something like that - beautifully clean and simple. And I love your vase idea (which I may borrow!!). Tara - this is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Quick and simple is sometimes the best isn't it? Beautiful design and I love how you've used the stamps. All that white (or rather teal space) looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful card, love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE THE WOODGRAIN panel and the perfectly placed vase!!! LOVELY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun use of Trendy Trees!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute card. The woodgrain effect is just perfect on this card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really cute card and I love how you can see the inspiration so clearly in it. M x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is beautiful! LOVE the gorgeous turquoise woodgrain--and the shimmery sentiment is perfect, too! :) Just a friendly reminder that you have been chosen as the May Top Winner at Technique Tuesday and that you've won a time sensitive prize! :) Talk to you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh this is so pretty, CAS . Love the way the wood grain turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You obviously didn't need the brain Tara because this is just stunning! I adore the colours and the flowers in their shiny vase - and how on earth did you get the gel frame so straight if it's on an embossed line?! You are very clever! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips