Saturday 2 June 2012

Red White and Blue

Well it is the Jubilee weekend, so what else could this month's colour challenge at Less is More be?  http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/week-70-colour-challenge.html  Once I'd extricated Lottie from my lap (see end of post) I had a play and made a couple of cards for the challenge.


For my first card I got out my papermania portobello road papers and made 3 flowers in red, white and blue using them and a scalloped circle punch.  I printed the sentiment about being a Queen for a day and cut it with a nestie and mounted it onto more the red paper from the set.  I deliberated hung it off the card and trimmed it back.  I stamped a crown by Dimension 4th stamps, coloured and glittered it and added some gems.  To assemble I added some union ribbon (papermania), a marianne D die cut swirl and a stamp from a papermania set (could have done with a better ink match to the printed sentiment though!)

I'm also entering this one into One Stop Craft Challenge this week which wants red, white and blue and crowns or diamonds  http://onestopcraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/week-185-queens-diamond-jubilee-crowns.html 

I'm also entering this one into the Cool Britania challege at MAWTT 
http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/cool-britannia-mawtt.html



For my second card, I went cute but still CAS.  The image is a Pollycrafts digi, coloured with copics and fussy cut.  The sentiment is computer generated again and mounted ribbon style onto some blue card from my snippets drawer.

I'm entering this one into the Cool Britania challege at MAWTT  as well
http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/cool-britannia-mawtt.html

This one would also be perfect for our new "furry friends" challenge over at St Luke's this month  http://stlukescharitycardschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/   we have a great stamp set from Waltzingmouse up for grabs if you fancy playing along.


My crafting time this morning started later than normal as the weather has gone cold so the cat was seeking warmth, and it seems I was it!   It's very hard to craft one handed ;-)  She was definitely interested by what was on my laptop today too....

30 comments:

  1. Hola Tara, fantastic jubilee card, beautiful flowers, your bear card is so sweet, well done Tara.
    A hug from the very, very hot island

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara.... great Jubilee cards my fav I think is the bear....your little puddy tatt looks very comfortable on your lap...bless

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards Viv n love the cat. I no what you mean mines just left my knee! xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab Jubilee cards! I really love the bear:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are fab but I love the first one especially.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Tara I love both your cards - they are so COOL! CoB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super RWB cards Tara!
    Love them!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well missy you seems to have LOVED red white and blue!
    Terrific card, cute kitty too
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are both fab, Tara! The first cos I love how you did the label off centre and the second cos he's uber cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both of these and the cat is cute too! Both perfect for the challenge and very patriotic. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are fab Tara, thought I particularly love the bear one! :)
    Lizy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both smashing - not surprised to hear your cat was looking for warmth too!!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tara
    Two gorgeous cards .....the first is my favorite.....
    Hugs sylvie

    Enjoy your weekend.....
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. 2 super cards Tara, I love the crown on the first but the second is my favourite its totally charming!
    Thanks for playing along this week at MAWTT for our 'Cool Britannia' challenge and good luck in the draw
    Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Tara, two card and both are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card, love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cards Tara, I love them both! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both cards are super, that bear is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lottie looks very content there! Absolutely fantastic patriotic cards!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two fab cards. Great layout on the first one too.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous cards and so totally patriotic - its our challenge perfectly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops sorry don't know what happened there! Thanks for playing along at MAWTT this week and good luck x

      Delete
  22. Two fab cards Tara, love the design of the first card and the bear is so cute! Saw the other challenges you'd entered and did the same myself:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Two gorgeous cards Tara, I love the Queen for a day card its just FAB Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fab cards Tara, so different but equally brilliant..... Te bear is rather cute:0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love both your cards Tara but especially love that cute bear plus Lottie is ultra gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Two fabulous cards Tara. I love the crown on your first one, very posh. And the second one is so cute.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Right royal cards , love your ribbon and the bear is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Well...you've done it again...two fab cards!!! I must admit I'm slightly favoring the second one...just love that little bear!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips