Saturday 15 June 2013

Yellow & Hexagons

I've made a couple of cards this morning for this week's hexagon theme at Less is More http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/week-124-theme.html but the first one is also my "yellow" entry for this week's CASology challenge http://casology.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/week-48-yellow.html


I used the cute bee set from There She Goes and stamped one of the honey comb stamps in peanut brittle onto yellow card stock and cut it out to create a corner.  I stamped the big bee from the set direct to the card and coloured with copics.  Simply finished with one of the sentiments from the set.


For my second card I wanted to do some dry embossing - I love this spellbinders folder it's double-sided and does chevrons on the other side.  I opted to play with greens and oranges, so I decided to add more hexagons over the top of the embossed design using a MFT die using a dark green for the frame and orange dotted paper for the inside.  I finished with a die cut umbrella from clearly besotted and a sentiment from their April Showers set.


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, I like both =^_^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bee card Tara, fab and shiny bee, isn't he a cutie LOL And a lovely bright card to cheer you up in the rainy days, good job!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love both of your card but the one with Bee is sooo cuuutee...lovely arrangement of the hexagon...great card for yellow challenge...good luck with the challenge...

    I am also joining the challenge on CASology, my card is number 89, would you mind to see it on my blog? I would be so happy if you could leave me some love. Thanks before and big hugs, Monika from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Tara :-) I love all the hexagon elements you used on both cards, I have the same embossing folder and never thought to use that :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them both Tara. The yellow one is so clean and fresh and I love the colours on your second one.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. that sentiment always gets me singing one of the songs from Jesus Christ, Superstar! Love your sweet bee and your hexy flowers! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great fun Tara, they both look so cheerful!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant Bee card, just love hour hexagon flowers .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both fanastic cards. Love that Bee image. Thank you for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards, love your cheery bee and I'm with you on that embossing folder, it's fab (although I rarely use the chevron side!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. tara these are a fabulous set of cards

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen x
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love them Tara! The bee is just amazing in the first card - he looks happy and shiny! Love the colour combination in the second. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips