Tuesday 18 June 2013

Waltzing in the sunshine?

So, it's waltz day over at Waltzingmouse Makes and this month's theme is summertime fun  http://waltzingmouse.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/june-blog-partylets-have-little.html and I think Claire must have decided on this theme a while ago as there certainly hasn't been much sign of summer on this side of the pond so far this year!


Like many people who've linked up already, I naturally turned to My Island as my set to play with when thinking of sunshine and summer and I decided to use it to make a first anniversary card for my friends who got married in the Caribbean last summer.  I stamped the sunrise with 3 colours of ink onto a scrap of yellow card and then added some silhouettes from the set in black.  Once I cut it out, I selected some blue DP for the background and stamped the palm trees onto it so I could line them up with the yellow scrap so the trees were spilling out of their frame.   I distressed the edge of the blue paper with my ranger tool and then added versamark ink and yellow embossing powder to add to the beachy feel.   I finished with an anniversary sentiment from the Frame It set.

Let's hope that a gallery full of summer images persuades the sun to make an appearance this week.....




13 comments:

  1. Fabulous summer scene. I love how you did your background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those distressed yellow edges and the overlaying of the palm trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great anniversary card Tara you have created a lively scene

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! Love how you extended the palm trees out of the main panel and your lovely embossed edges!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the vibrant summer sky you created. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tara...amazing sunset on your card !!! Can feel the breeze on my face ;) Lovley !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous sunset, Tara! And I love that pop of yellow around the edges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tara I love the sandy bits around the edge!! what a terrific idea, I will have to pinch that!!! lol. Your sunset is awesome, such intense colour!! cracking card! Thank you so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sunset has me swooning Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the distressing around the edges--a perfect card for a 1 year anniversary if you were married in the Caribbean!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant. I do like the way you've added the suggestion of sand with the embossing - it works a treat! Love the beach hut; I can imagine spending an anniversary there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your beautiful tropical card makes me long for bright colours and sunshine Tara! The forecast for the weekend is rain of course! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these colors!! Your sun is fabulous and hooking the "real" sun came out this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips