Wednesday 5 June 2013

Musing on bows....

 
I was instantly attracted to Laurie's card over on the MUSE Card Challenge this week - I adored the colours and layout and the lovely big bow http://musecardclub.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/muse-challenge-20.html  but I have a problem with bows - I really can't tie them even with the help of on of the 3, yes 3, "easy bow" tools I've bought (yes i was the kid in nursery with buckle shoes as I took ages to learn to tie them!!!).  I have some success with soft organza ribbons but the more solid types never come out right so I decided to case her lovely card but change up the ribbon treatment somewhat.


I used a strip of yellow DP and then added my ribbon over it folding over another small section of it where the bow should be.  Instead of score lines I cut two more very thin strips of the same yellow DP and secured them in place just slightly wider than the image I wanted to stamp.  The stamp is from My Minds Eye Collectible collection and is stamped in tide pool shadow ink, starting the middle for balance, and finished with a square gem in the centre of each image.  The sentiment is from Waltzingmouse's Big Day Additions set - it has a very swirly end to the y but that didn't fit on my card so I masked it off.  Finally popped the front panel up onto a teal bassil background before mounting onto a white base card.

I think the lack of the bow does give my version a more linear feel which isn't as soft and pretty as Lauries but as this is going to a couple for their anniversary tomorrow I'm going to pretend it's a nod towards the fella and not the girl for a change ;-)


10 comments:

  1. Oh Tara! This is just fabulous. Love the ornate stamp and the very elegant "bow"! Great colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect card, great idea for the bow challenged of which I am a member. I have struggled so much with them I have bought the paper bow dies lol. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ribbon treatment - and the way the same colours but in a different configuration give a completely different feel! Thanks for playing with this week's Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card Tara - I'm a little bow challenged too, but love what you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Great color combination and a creative use of your ribbon. Your sentiment adds a lovely elegant touch. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your ribbon treatment Tara - ribbon doesn't have to be all about bows! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJune 07, 2013

    Great take on the Muse card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Vicky, great take on the current muse :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the ribbon on the DSP, will have to remember that!! Lovely take on the Muse card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips