Tuesday 25 June 2013

A 'touch' of gold

It's blog hop day today at PTI and the theme is a touch of gold - I may well have gone a bit OTT on the "touch" as I embossed in gold and then decided to colour in with gold stickles! 
http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2013/06/june-2013-blog-hop-challenge.html


I covered 2/3 of my base card with a soft eau-de-nile green DP (has a subtle pattern that isn't showing up on the photo) and then stamped and embossed the double border stamp from quilled elegance in gold.  I rotated the stamp half way across to get the full width of my card letting the image fall off the edge on the right.  I stamped and embossed the sentiment from the same set to match.  

I probably should have stopped there - it was elegant, with just a hint of gold.  But no, not me, it seems I can't do "subtle" and gold together.   I decided to colour in the quills using gold stickles and my all time favourite stickles colour "patina" to match into the eau-de-nile.   Hope I didn't overdo the touch of gold too much - I have to say it is far prettier and less in your face in real life as the light has made it look super sparkly in the photo here.


13 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 25, 2013

    LOVE this, stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But OTT is great for a wedding card!! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that lovely. Great idea for a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, such amazing glittery goodness!! We obviously agree that gold is for weddings (and Christmas)! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, I think it's AWESOME! Glitter is always a pain to photograph, but I think this looks just fine! But then, I do love my glitter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the glitz on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very elegant!! Very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple and beautiful! Great photo skills too in that you captured the glits from the gold stickler. This is beautiful online - it must be a stunner IRL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty. Great idea to fill in the quills with sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think you overdid it. This card is beautiful and so very detailed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips