Wednesday 19 June 2013

Dogs like cake too!

 
I needed a card for a friend's birthday this week so decided to use the sketch at seize the birthday as my jumping off point http://seizethebirthday.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/seize-birthday-19-sketch-by-jen-nelson.html and as I do like a bit of bling, I opted to use this week's paper players CAS with bling challenge for further inspiration http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/challenge-150-anne-maries-cas-challenge.html


I used an older stamp cos I love him and think it will appeal to my friend too - he's from whimsey (I think) and I coloured with warm grey copics, added teal to his party hat and some glitter to the frosting then fussy cut him out with a thin white border.  I used some teal DP to form the basis of the sketch, and then used my star border die from memory box die cut from purple to mount the dog into.  I finished with a matching banner and some teal bling.

Woof, woof, yum, yum!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card Tara. Love the combo of colours :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie he is - he reminds me of Tramp in Lady and the Tramp! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness--he is so cute and I love the colors you've used! So bright and cheerful. Love the bling around the stars...Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute - love the little pup image! Thanks for joining us this week at Seize the Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sending me this cute card Tara, you're right, I do love the pup and agree with Vicky about him looking like Tramp..... My fave film as a child :0)
    Sorry it's taken so long to get round to visiting..... I hit the ground running when we got back!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips