Sunday 2 June 2013

Furry Kisses

I've been trying to come up with something "furry" for the CASology challenge all week that wasn't simply a furry animal but I couldn't get a unique angle on the challenge so wasn't going to play.  But today, I was inspired by my cat's fur so decided to try something out.  I am a cat lover obviously as I have one, and I have lots of cat stamps, but I always colour them grey as Lottie is a calico and that's too hard to do with copics!



So, when she was sitting by me on the sofa today, I took a close up of her fur, and then printed it a couple of times onto colouring card rather than photo paper so I could use it for paper piecing one of my cat stamps - which seemed an interesting idea, but I'm nos sure it was wholly successful in reality.



I used a couple of Simon Says Stamp exclusive sets designed by Kristina Werner (and based on her cat Mannie) and embossed and fussy cut them out before arranging on a pink starry hill.

Must link it up quick as the challenge closes in a couple of hours  http://casology.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/week-46-furry.html


8 comments:

  1. What a unique technique! Looks good to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I think you were the only one to come up with this technique and I'm glad you shared it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 02, 2013

    That is such a cool idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cool, tara!! I love that you used photos of your kitty's fur.. that is so clever! so glad you were able to share with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, now THAT was clever! That is definitely a realistic furry image! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so creative! Amazing! Great take on the cue card! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable and such a great effect on the "furry" part! Such a creative lady you are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it looks fab Tara (although I think Lottie's trying to tell you it's not as fab as her beautiful coat!) The pink starry hill is a brilliant touch. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips