Saturday 29 June 2013

Itsy bitsy teeny weeny green striped bikini

Not quite the way the song goes I know but my stamp was striped not polka dots so I had to alter them!  I knew straight away though that the "sand" challenge at this weeks Less is More would be a great opportunity to use my newest Uptown Girl appropriately called "Sandy in her Sombrero" http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/lucky-dip-and-guest-designer-week-126.html 


 

I stamped and coloured her with copics but then paper pieced her bag and bikini from lime green dotted paper, colouring the stripes with copics over the top of the pattern.  I added glossy accents to her sun glasses and cocktail.  My sand is simply made by putting versamark ink direct to the card and covering with mustard opaque powder from Zing.  Finished with the matching sentiment that comes with Sandy.

I'm a bit late playing today as I've been waiting to get my sofa replaced (it creaked every time you sat on one side of it) and then I've been busy working on my first DT project for House of Cards - it's a new challenge where each month we set a theme but have a different challenge each week to make a card based on that month's theme but in a specific card making style - fun huh?  I'm on the Clean and Simple team and our first challenge starts in just over a week, but you can join in from Monday with the Fun and Cute team and if you check out the blog today we have a couple opening giveaways up for grabs.  http://houseofcardschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/




12 comments:

  1. This is great Tara, you reminded me that I could have used Distress embossing powder to create sand, I hadn't thought of it until I saw your card.
    Super job!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply splendid - love that insy winsy teeny weeny green striped bikini!!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Tara
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Tara, love the sand and such a fun image! I'm just off to check out your new challenge blog;)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing card, made me smile! Clever thinking with the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant fun card, great way to create the sand. I am off to follow your link to the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you added such detail to this image with the glossy accents and the paper piecing. The textured sand looks great too. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card. Love the fun image and the great idea for the sand

    ReplyDelete
  9. tara i love love love this.. just fabulous. i really need to get some of these uptown girl stamps

    Thanks for joining us this week x
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. cette carte est vraiment belle. elle donne le goût de la plage!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips