Monday 17 June 2013

Fathers

A day late I know as it was Father's Day yesterday but I couldn't share my cards until now as I'd submitted them to the recent call from Paper Crafts magazine - these two were rejected so I'm free to share them now but I do have one that will be appearing in their special masculine issue in November so watch this space :-)

I made these cards for a friend to give to her kids for their daddy - one teeny-tiny girl (just 3 months old) got the pink hand print and the slightly bigger girl (8) got the hero card.


For this one I cut the hand print on my cameo, and used the negative to ensure the fingers were fixed in the right place, before stamping one of the fabulous sentiments from Waltzingmouse stamps "Man of the Hour" set - which I had to buy even though I don't have my Dad to make cards for anymore as I just loved all the fabulous sentiments.


For the second card I think I was influenced by my hubbies comics and superman in particular with the red and yellow.  I die cut yellow stars using a MFT die and placed them behind a red and black mounted panel onto which I stamped another one of the great sentiments.  I filled the "HERO" bit in with yellow liquid pearls.  A black dotted line around the edge brings it all together.

I'd like to enter the following challenges with these cards:

http://micassucas.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/challenge-20-jongenskaart-mannenkaart.html

http://creativecraftchallenges2.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/challenge-12-we-love-you-dad.html




6 comments:

  1. 2 fabby cards Tara! Shame they were rejected, but glad your other one made the grade! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extraordinary that these weren't taken by the mag - they're both brilliant! love the little hand one for a tot and the super hero one is very touching too. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two Beautiful cards, love them! Thanks for joining CFC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two very beautiful cards you've made love the quote on the first one. Thank you for joining us at CFC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cards, congrats on your publication, I will look out for it :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges in our "We Love You Dad" challenge and good luck. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips