Wednesday 12 June 2013

Blooming Marvellous!

I've not had much time for crafting this week as we spent a day in Leicester yesterday stalking my favourite comedian Daniel Kitson as Leicester was the closest we could get tickets for this current tour despite the fact that he is actually coming to Sheffield....

So now I've had a bit of time to play, I really wanted to play along in Stephanie's first ever challenge for her stamps - Clearly Besotted - which if you visit here regularly, you know I love - and the first challenge is anything goes http://stampingsharing.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/clearly-besotted-challenge-1-anything.html  but anything was too wide a remit for my creativity this week, so I decided to have a look at some other challenges and see if any fit with my CB stamps and I found a few so have combined 3 more challenges into my card tonight.


I started with the big blooms on Therese's card at the MUSE challenge http://musecardclub.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/muse-challenge-21.html  and switched up the colours using this week's Colour Throwdown http://colorthrowdown.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/color-throwdown-246.html and finally switching it up to a more CAS design to fit the theme of CAS Flowers at Make it Monday  http://mimchallegeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/cas-flowers.html



I used the two solid blooms from "You Are" and cut them with the matching die and then did the same for 2 leaves in both sizes.  I added dotted centres to both on dimensional foam.  The sentiment is from "Make a Wish"   I finished off the design with a frame cut from DP with a pair of nesties stuck together with washi tape.  CAS and quick but hopefully you can still see where I took my inspiration from.


13 comments:

  1. Your bold blooms are so striking! Beautiful card and so happy you were able to play along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, love those sweet flowers especially with those fun polka dot centres!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those big and bold blooms! Such a fabulous card...so fun and summery! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, cheerful Muse card and I love the dotted centre of the blooms x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on it, Tara! Great way to frame those lovely flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty - love the tone on tone stamping! Thanks for playing with Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card - I love your pretty design xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I'm so happy you joined in with the challenge - thank you :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tara...I saw your card over at The Colour Throwdown and it is absolutely beautiful...thanks so much for sharing it with us.

    Stampin' HUGZ

    Beverley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card - love the bright colours. Glad you could join in the first Clearly Besotted Challenge
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your use of the colors with the white background! Such a pretty card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your big beautiful flowers look fabulous...this is such a gorgeous design!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your flowers--so pretty!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips