Friday 21 June 2013

Snippets and itty bitty pieces

Happy "summer" solstice evening - hope everyone is making the most of the long day even if its not that summery in the UK....   I had a long day at work and then came home to find a faulty door lock which I couldn't open from the outside so once I finally managed to get inside was in desperate need of a little play time!

The daring card makers had a really intriguing challenge today called the itty-bitty jar - you know, that little box/jar/drawer on your craft desk where you put all those teeny-tiny pieces that "might just come in handy" one day.  Well the dare this week is to use at least 5 items from that jar to make a card.  http://daringcardmakers.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/itty-bitty-jar.html  That also reminded me that I haven't played in Di's snippet challenge for ages so I decided it was time to show my face in the playground and to make a card only with snippets and things from my itty bitty drawer and this is how it turned out.



I decided to triple challenge myself by having a go at the "freestyle collage" technique which is quite a stretch for me, so I spent a lot of time after finding my "bits" taking them on and off the card to try to get a pleasing arrangement.  This card has taken 2 hours to make but I am very pleased with it now its done. 

The DP and two shades of pink card stock were from my snippets drawer and I used an old martha steward loop punch on the darker shade and rounded the corners of the DP.  The butterfly, brown heart strip and label die were all from my "die cuts drawer" and were all leftovers - I tend to use up scraps as I'm die cutting and save them there.  I inked up the butterfly with 3 shades of distress inks and spritz with gold pearl water.  The large gold heart is cloud clay pushed into a heart mold and then embossed in gold.  The smaller hearts are die cuts - the pink ones are washi tape covered card.  All the hearts are from the super-itty-bitty box which sits on my desk for the really tiny bits that would get lost in my itty bitty drawers.   I finished with some butterflies stamped over the DP and an anniversary sentiment both from PTI Round and Round Anniversary set.


4 comments:

  1. Really beautiful card Tara - love how you used so many elements perfectly. Great to see you in the Playground - and I did grin about you being desperate to get crafting once you'd forced entry into the house......I'd have just been desperate for the loo knowing me!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Tara! How did you pull so many 'snippets' together like this?? Brilliant! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Tara! I love making cards like this - it adds an extra boundary which can often be good for the creativity! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You found great things in your itty bitty jar. Thanks for taking part in the Daring Cardmaker's challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips