Wednesday 18 July 2012

Wordy Anniversary

It was my friends Anniversary this week and I wanted to make a card in a very clean and simple style as that is her taste so I decided to use my silhouette to simply make "Happy Anniversary" the focus of my design.


I started by drawing an oblong in silhouette studio just smaller than my base card and typing ANNIVERSARY into it so it filled the width as I intended to use the negative of the die cut letters.  The "Happy" was an existing download (part of a Happy Birthday sentiment) so I edited it to be just one word - adjusted it to be the size I wanted and then moved it out of the oblong so it would allow me to stick it on top.  I then selected another download - a pair of linked hearts, again sized them, then moved them to the side too to cut.

Once cut, I carefully removed the die cut oblong leaving the letters on the cutting mat.  I stuck some decorative paper behind the word Anniversary and carefully glued the "inner bits" of the letters into place.  I saved the die cut letters for another time.  I coloured the Happy with a copic marker (Peony) and inked the edge of the die cut oblong with the same marker.  I decided to use the negative of the linked hearts rather than the thin shape itself as I felt the design needed a little more weight - I coloured those with the same marker and added one tiny red gem to the right hand one.  I stuck the oblong to the base card, glued the "Happy" on top just overhanging some of the cut out letters and glued the hearts in the bottom corner.

I am going to enter this into this weeks Paper Players challenge which is to create a card with a sentiment as the main element of your design.  http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/leannes-clean-simple-challenge-104.html

7 comments:

  1. Lovely classy anniversary card Tara...love it!


    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW....you have infinite patience, and were rewarded with an incredible CAS creation! Thanks for playing with my "wordsmith" challenge this week! It is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love how you did that lettering Tara - so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool indeed and the one gem is perfect! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, oh, oh!!! This is going to get cased by me!!! I just love the negative anniversary with the patterned paper behind. Such a clean card, right up my alley. Love it, just love it. Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CAS perfection! I love it and I bet your friend did, too! So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks wonderful Tara, would have taken ages to line up alphabet dies for a word that long!!
    Love all the dimension that negative die cits add :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips