Monday 30 July 2012

Beach Wedding

If you saw the tiara I made recently - well it was for my friends wedding, which is taking place today in the Caribbean.  I made them a little card to take with them - appropriately themed for a beach wedding.


I cut the flip flops using the PTI die set from card scraps and felt scraps for the little hearts.  I used a scrap of white card to create the beach using distress inks with a blending tool and some pearlised water to hint at waves (it took 3 attempts to get a beach  I liked!)  I used puff white paint to create the foam layer on the beach and some smooch ink in green to get some of that transparency you see in the sea foam (I tried to channel Bob Ross but failed!)   The sentiment is PTI love and marriage set and I've no idea which set I got the numbers from sorry - it's been a few weeks since I made this card.

I'm going to enter into Pixie's Sunday Snippets as apart from the base card, the rest is all from my scraps box http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/pixies-crafty-snippets-challenge-31.html

I'm also going to enter it into this week's Cupcake Craft challenge which is all about the great outdoors - well I'm sure an outdoor wedding counts!  http://cupcakecraftchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/cupcake-203-great-outdoors.html

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - perfect image for a beach wedding!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tara - this is totally perfect in every way. A lovely card altogether! Good to see you in the playground too :) Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so incredible! Truly unique and clever and PERFECT and custom made for the happy couple. Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are creative. By the way, I'm on the hunt for cheap wedding favors for my beach wedding next year. Can you share some of your brilliant ideas?;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooooooo pretty! The colours are gorgeous and your flip flops are perfect for The Great Outdoors. Thanks so much for joining us at Cupcake this week. Good Luck. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Tara and what a clever idea....

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is perfect, I am sure they had a lovely day and that they loved this card. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea Tara, I love the his and hers flip flops...perfect for a tropical beach wedding :0)
    I really love your beachy scene.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card, very creative! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant snippets card. Very creative x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect card for a beach wedding - love the flip-flops :) Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips