Tuesday 17 July 2012

Waltzing Through The Great Outdoors

It's that time of the month when all Waltzingmouse fans come out to play and this month the blog party theme is the great outdoors http://waltzingmouse.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/july-2012-waltzingmouse-stamps-blog.html

I couldn't resist the urge to get the new stamp sets out or to try the cutting files that go with them on my silhouette.  I used the sketch from last week's Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge as my starting point and this is what I came up with.


I started with some yellow DP with some distressed dots and created my own background using the large palm tree from the "My Island" set using pistachio and peanut brittle momento ink.  I wrapped some wide striped ribbon around the bottom as per the sketch.  I then used the freebie cut file that matches the North Shore main image and cut it out kraft card on my silhouette.  I simply stamped the image on top in black (almost lined up straight too!) and then stamped the flowers again onto the yellow background paper and cut them out to add a tiny highlight.  I finished with one of the sentiments from My Island.

Time to waltz around the rest of the blog party and see what other outdoor inspiration everyone else has come up with.  Thanks for stopping by :-D

Tara

22 comments:

  1. HI Tara! Love the tropical theme card you made! The yellow is bright and sunny and the palm trees are stamped perfectly! This screams "fun in the sun"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool card Tara! Love those muted colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great design and I'm loving the sunny yellow. Thanks for playing along with the Blog Party today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Tara and just love your colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful card. I love the surfer dude paired up with those palm trees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a nice cards, love the surfer image and how nice you could use your silhouette to cut it out. I love the palm trees in the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For some reason I thought 'Hawaii Five 0' when I first saw your card - I think the central image looked like a badge for a second!? LOL!!! Love the colors and wonderful tree stampings - and that wide striped ribbon is one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yippee, how I love that surfer image! Looks so great with this layout, and I love the teeny little yellow flowers to go along with your sunny theme! Awesome ribbon and your palm trees look like they are swaying in a breeze. Beautiful sunshine-y card, Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Tara. Just perfect for any surfer dude/chick. The swaying palms look sooo dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very tropical...ready to surf!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the bright, sunny colors Tara! Your palm trees make a perfect backdrop for the North Shore image. So fun! Glad you could just us for the Blog Party this month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel the surfer is coming right out of your card in my room! _ lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the colours, this stamp set is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like this - the palm tree background is just perfect for your surfer dude!! Love the tiny yellow hibiscus flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun card...
    the colors...
    that ribbon...
    those little yellow blooms...
    I just love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an amazing card and you did a beautiful job with your fussy cutting. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fab Tara, I love the tiny little hibiscus!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love how you picked out the hibiscus in yellow Tara!! brilliant idea! and your palms are great behind the main image!! and thank you so much for playing along with us at WMS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous! Love the way you added the large ribbon and the beautiful stamped palms in the back.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the tropical look Tara - those palm trees and the surf motif and the striped ribbon is a great addition. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card, the cutfile works so well with the stamp :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips