Thursday 12 July 2012

HB2U!


My husband wanted me to make him a card for a work mate this week and as said person is a technology geek, I knew I wanted to use my new Papersmooches set but I wasn't sure what to do with it.  Then I saw this sketch at Retro Sketches and inspiration struck.  http://retrosketches.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/retrosketches-19.html


I love the little details you get with this set - particularly the little bird for twitter.  I decided to go with a blue colour theme so will also enter this into Addicted to Stamps this week http://addictedtostamps-challenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/ats-addicted-to-blue-challenge-1.html  I stamped the Ipad image and added the sentiment (using Elzbells alphabet stamps) and the twitter icon and emoticon and cut it out so mount onto my denim tag.  I criss-crossed the chevron paper with some space invaders ribbon and mounted the controller icon over the middle.  My husband was really pleased with it and thought it was perfect for his mate.

It would also be a perfect entry for our ongoing month-long challenge over at St Luke's Charity Cards Challenge which this month is all about teenagers - we have a great prize from The Ribbon Girl so do play along  http://stlukescharitycardschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/teenage-kicks.html






13 comments:

  1. Brilliant Tara, love the joy pad.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for the intended recipient lol! Wonderful layout and stamps. Thanks so much for playing along at ATS xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Tara - love the Tweet message with the little bird. I'm sure he'll be delighted! Thanks so much for joining us at ATC this week.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant guy card, Tara - my husband would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. TOO CUTE, Tara! LOVE the "text" message! ;) This is great--I hope that all is going well your way! I also hope you come and join me at Technique Tuesday!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect for a techno geek! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great fun card - thanks for joining in this week at ATS - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH this is too cute! Thanks for playing along at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, I was thinking how good this new PS set is for St Luke's this month!!
    great way to use all the little elements in the set and perfect for the techno person amongst us :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect for any computer geek Tara and more importantly for our challenge at ATS! Thanks for joining us
    this week:-)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute Tara - love that stamp set! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's RetroSketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally cool card. Thanks so much for joining us at Addicted to Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely fantastic card and perfect for a technology geek!! Thanks so much for joining us at Addicted to Stamps this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips