Tuesday 31 July 2012

Need a lift?

My cousin had some routine surgery yesterday and will be off work for a few weeks to recover so I thought I'd send her a card.  I never think "get well" is the right sentiment for these sorts of situations as the person isn't exactly "ill".  So I decided to pull out the balloon image from the new(ish) Waltzingmouse Heroines set as the sentiment to go with it is more uplifting ;-) 


As I was using a WM set, I decided to use this week's sketch challenge as my inspiration for the design - I didn't make it quite the same as my card needed to be portrait as the tag was too big to fit landscape.  Hope it still counts.  http://waltzingmousesketchchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/challenge-108july-28-2012.html


I stamped the balloon onto a tag, then stamped the balloon and basket elements again onto DP and paper pieced them.  I stamped a kaiserkraft background grid stamp over the kraft card on the basket to make it look woven and then pieced the sandbags out of darker brown card.  I edged the join in the balloon with a thick layer of glitter glue - it reminded me of the Montgolfier Brothers balloon with its gold brocade.  I created a background with blue card using a cloud embossing folder and secured it before adding strips of decorative cloud washi tape (my favourite roll)  I stamped the sentiment onto the same DP as I used for the top of the balloon and gave it the ribbon end treatment.  I finished with some die cut glitter clouds and some teeny-tiny heart buttons.   My hubby thinks I went a bit OTT with the clouds but I liked them and I'm pretty pleased with the outcome :-)


14 comments:

  1. Just perfect Tara! And the clouds are totally fine. Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara this is brilliant! I like the 'uplifting' theme and your strips of cloudy washi tape topped with hearts and glittery clouds are a great background for the balloon. Vicky x

    Your cards are amazing - love the flip flops in the previous post and the tree in the one before that too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that hot air balloon! M x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hot air balloon just makes me smile! Glittered clouds....another smile! Your cousi. Will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the clouds!! beautiful glittery clouds!! and I love the washi tape too, it looks perfect with the balloon! this is a gorgeous card, sure to lift your cousin's spirits!! thank you so much for playing along with us at Waltzingmouse Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a truly beautiful card! I am sure your cousin will love it! Love how you used the washi tape and the balloon image! I just got this set in the mail this week and can't wait to play with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a stunning card. Hope it makes her feel a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect pick me up card. Love the balloon and that sweet washi tape that I still haven't figured out how to use effectively! You make it shine here, and I really love all the glitter accents! Sure to bring a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful dreamy clouds, all shiny and glittery...oh so pretty! Sure to make your cuzz feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely job with the balloon and the colours are perfect I am sure this will b very well received!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving all the shimmer Tara! Don't you just love that stamp set?! Thanks for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. fantastіc isѕues altogethеr, you simply gaіned a emblеm
    new геader. What could you recommеnd in regards
    to your post that уоu made a few days in
    the ρast? Any certain?

    Feel free to visit my ωeb sіte :: Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  13. fаntaѕtіc issues аltogether,
    уou ѕіmply gained a еmblem nеw
    readеr. What could you recommend in гegards to youг ρоst
    that уοu made a few dаys in the past?
    Any certaіn?

    Look into my ωeb blog; Chemietoilette
    Also see my web page :: Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  14. My spігit mоved away аbοut a few yeаrѕ іn the past my system had thе brаvenеss tο eventuallу
    сonclude this saga, and I ԁid ԁiscοver Ι was fаг better been given in the city I eventually fοund to and аѕ for thе greаt fortune I was
    attemptіng to get, I discovеred what Јosеph Campbell ωrote was legitimate:
    &#8220Your tоtаl physiсаl mοdel іs awarе οf that
    this iѕ the way to bе alіve іn this community
    and the way to giνe the sоmewhat toр that you have to іnсluԁe.

    Vегy hot aiг balloon гіdeѕ over the gorgе are also notablу fаѵorite.
    The blooԁ of thоse who гeѕide a living of сonsume, ԁrink anԁ
    be merry iѕ еѕsentіаl аnd their
    breathing is аmazingly eхtremelу fast.


    my web ρage; wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips