Sunday 15 July 2012

I've been a very naughty girl....

 ....I "popped in" to the Summer Crafting event at Doncaster Racecourse "for a look around" and this is the result.


Yes, my name is Tara Cardwell and I am craft shopping addict.  There is no hope for me short of locking me in a room and cutting off my internet access.  All I can say is good job I don't have children to feed!   The show was much bigger than I thought it would be and there were quite a few bargains to be had.  [The only downside was the Zentangle stand - I wanted to take a shot of me pointing at it to send to Susan Goetter who is a mad keen Zentangler to say - I saw this and thought of you - but the mean lady told me off!  But I did see it, and I did think of you Susan!]  All I have to do now is find somewhere to store all this new stash - so I started to tidy but then immediately opened the first stamp I was going to file and it dropped right side down on an open ink pad and suddenly a card was born - well it would have been a waste of ink right ;-)


I just adored the little bear and can see the sad look on his face even from the back of his head.  I stamped him on my most exciting find - some lovely sheets of properly brown kraft card (some of the stuff around now is more buff than kraft) so I bought some in A5 and A3 size - did I say it was a bargain 50 sheets of A3 for a tenner - er yes please thank you very much.  This is the A5 folded in half to make a cute and tiny miss you card.  Simply and quickly coloured in pencils with a little glint from a sakura pen on and around the 3 little hearts as they float their way to the missee (if indeed there is such a word).  As there are 3 little hearts, I'm going to enter it as another entry into this week's Less is More challenge by means of justification of buying more stamps - see I needed it for a challenge!  (and he was on sale for £2.50)  http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/week-76-one-layer-challenge.html

Time to get in the bath to soak my sore calves and foot blisters..........

Night all
x

12 comments:

  1. Cor Tara, what a haul - fabulous! Love the card you already made.

    I do hope you did NOT buy anything at the mean lady's Zentangle stall though!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has to be the best kind of naughty though. Well done on such a good haul and your card is fab.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems that you 'looked' very successfully Tara!
    I see a few items there that I also have in my craft room... enjoy!
    Another fab card too !
    Thanks again.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you, I'm in the mood for some retail therapy. I adore this card, the bear is so cute (in a good way)and I like how you've used him. I know the card stand you're talking about & they do have some good value card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW you lucky girl and what a haul it was obviously worth going!!
    I am sure you will get hours of pleasure from your new crafting 'goodies'.....cute card by the way....

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJuly 16, 2012

    Love the card and I could join you in your Addiction Class!! LOL....I just love to buy crafts and do so every chance I get even though it would take me over a 100 years to use what I already have! Time to have a sale!

    Julie H. in Winona, Minnesota

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sound very happy Tara! I love the little bear card and know exactly what you mean about the sad bear! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet the blisters were worth it, Tara! I am soooo jealous of your new goodies!

    What a beautiful card - so sweet and fab use of space as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My name is Gay Peplow and I'm a craft shopping addict LOL LOL Tara you are a star, I couldn't have put it better myself!!
    What fun you had:0) A gorgeous card, love that little ted and I thoroughly understand, poor feet though :0) What a shame you couldn't get a photo for Susan, never mind I'm sure she will appreciate your thinking of her, have fun my crafty friend, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a stash - looks like you had a great day.
    Cute card - the little bear is so sweet and for £2.50 well I call that a bargain. It would have been rude not to have him. Enjoy your goodies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thrifty I'd call it - such bargains!!! Lovely card, have fun with your purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My name is Susan Goetter and I'm a craft shopping addict...ROFL!! Yep! If you could see my craft area, you'd know it was a FACT! Sure wish I could have tagged along on your shopping spree! I KNOW I'd have love it...and maybe even bought a few things! LOVE that sweet little bear...I know you'll use him lots!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips