Saturday 21 July 2012

Stitched with love

This week's Less is More challenge is a toughy - sewing!  Thankfully though it can be real or faux and unlike Chrissie whose cards this week rock with her first time machine stitching, I'm not so brave with my machine so I've gone down the faux route.  I may try real later in the week when I'm not alone in the house and there's someone to administer first aid if it goes wrong......


This is a little 4 x 4 inch card and I printed the sentiment onto another sheet of white card and double mounted it on the base card.  I stamped the image onto it - it was one of my bargains from last Sunday a 12 piece JustRite set reduced to £2.99 - I don't have a mount that fits it but I find you can just tape the groves onto an acrylic block.  I stamped it 3 times, coloured the heart, the leaves and flowers on the different ones with copics and then layered them up.  I added some silver and glossy accents to the needle and pins and some glossy accents to the button on the flower centre as I couldn't find a real one small enough in my button box!


29 comments:

  1. This looks totally amazing!
    I love that stamp!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Love that stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super image and card - good luck when you try the REAL stuff (sewing)!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling card.....super cute image!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi tara
    Gorgeous stamp ... Love it....
    Hugs sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card fabulous image. I usually do faux! but had a go with the machine!
    suzi b :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How gorgeous Tara - it looks so real! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Tara, the stitching looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this card! I love how you've used several layers to make a frame around your card. The image is so sweet and decorative, the thread is a really nice detail, and I love the bright colors you've used. The sentiment is a perfect match to this image. I love it, you've done such a fantastic job on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card Tara, love the stamp with the sparkly pins!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  11. AnonymousJuly 21, 2012

    Fabulous card

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card
    Love the stamp
    Thanks so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your kind comments Tara
    Sorry hit the mouse n deleted half me message
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful stamping! These bright colours look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that stamp Tara, a 'sew'per card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous use of space, Tara! Love how you coloured that sweet stamp and used the matting for depth!

    Hope you're having a fab weekend honey!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is simply great - love it ! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect Tara!! Love it! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hola Tara, your card is absolutely gorgeous very CAS, a great colouring work!, beautiful heart.Well done Tara!!.
    Hugs from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful card - love the sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is great Tara, what a lovely card, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous Tara. Love that stamp and the sentiment is perfect.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's the sweetest little pin cushion, such a pretty card.
    Love the bit about administering first aid.... I do worry about getting my fingers in the way too...eek!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card Tara great love the image and your sparkly pins

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  25. Tara....don't think this could be any cuter! I love the sentiment and the image with all the layering is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  26. A perfect pincushion, makes a fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love all the layering! Great card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips