Thursday 12 July 2012

Less is Gold

I'm very late to the Less is More party this week - I had to get my tiara order finished  (see below) and the tennis got in the way of my concentration somewhat!  There's been little time for "free" craft all week as I've had orders to complete and lots of paperwork for my Paper Crafts Magazine submission which was all a bit grown up and scary!   However, I managed to find a spare 10 minutes last night for a gold creation (I must admit gold is never one of my go to colours, I find silver much easier to work with when I go metallic) which is not earth shattering, but it's passable I guess.


The tree (Hero Arts) is stamped in gold (but looks browny-yellow in the photo) and then I added gold stickles to the hearts.  The sentiment is from PTI (button it) and I added a gold mat to bump up the gold element a little more.  The card base is a pre-embossed one I've had in my stash forever - think it was originally a QVC/Create and Craft kit.

In case you're still reading, this is what I spent my weekend making, for my friend who gets married in the Dominican Republic this month.


There are hundreds of different sized pearls, swarovski crystal (4 sizes) , tiny crystal seed beads and diamante's - all wired on by hand with very thin silver wire to keep the weight down - so you can probably see why I had little time for card making!


I added some hidden blue beads to the underneath of the band so she has her "something blue".


The matching pins are for her sister who will be her bridesmaid.

It's really nice to think that a little bit of me will be with her on her big day on the other side of the world.  Maybe she'll even wear it again for their Reception when they come back in August.

Back to cards now - they're soooo much quicker ;-)




12 comments:

  1. Lovely LIM card Tara.... Your friend will love ths beautiful tiara band youare a very talented lady

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that tree Tara, the hearts look fab all glittery.
    You are so clever making that tiara, it`s beautiful. Your friend will treasure it.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Tara - I struggle with gold too and am much happier with silver!

    Fabulous tiara - so pretty and delicate. I'm sure your friend will feel like a real princess on her wedding day.

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are truly multi-talented Tara! I love your tree of hearts and it looks fabulous on the embossed card base, and as for the tiara, it is just stunning! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tiara and pins are fabulous. So special you got to make this for your friend, and what a wonderful job you did? I am sure it will make her day even more special.

    Your card is great. I love this stamp.

    Marrigje

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful work Tara, both the card and the tiara are fabulous!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precious card and the tiara, I love two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW that tiara is amazing! M x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tara - the tiara is just wonderful - love the tiny blue beads!! And your card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific card Tara, love the tree
    Your bead work is sensational!
    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you on the silver rather than gold front :0)...love your golden tree of hearts though all the same :0)
    as for the tiara...well it's amazing, you are so clever and patient to make such a beautiful piece for your friend...what a wonderful keepsake of her special day :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips