Thursday 26 July 2012

Strawberry dreams


With friends and hubby's birthdays and taking family to hospital this week I've been MIA from blogland but I managed to make a quick card tonight for a couple of challenges.  I started with the sketch from Retro Sketches and the Cue word from CASology which this week is Fruit.


I pulled out my new mini stamp set from Waltzingmouse with it's great big juicy strawberry.  I stamped the berry onto a tag with lady bug and rhubarb stalk ink and stamped the leaves onto scrap card with pistachio and cottage ivy and fussy cut them out before sticking onto the tag.  I dotted the seeds on the strawberry with a glue pen and sprinkled with glamour dust.  I stamped a sentiment from the same set onto some red card and cut it with a label die.  I used a ribbed kraft base card and finished with some gingham ribbon and a red floral button.

Here are the links to the challenges I'm entering with this card:

http://casology.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/week-3-fruit.html

http://retrosketches.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/retrosketches-21.html 

http://www.craftysentiments.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/food-challenge.html


8 comments:

  1. Love how the berry ties into the gingham and pops off the craft - thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a berry sweet card, I love the gingham. Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Tara! the kraft and gingham are so fab together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design to nail all three challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the texture of that ribbed kraft card base! The red strawberry and the gingham ribbon go so well together! Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous clean and simple style card I love the use of Kraft card, the tag is super, thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty sentiments this week.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the textured card and yummy gingham ribbon! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you've used Kraft and incorporated a tag in your design! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips