Friday 1 July 2011

St Luke's Colour Challenge

Over at St Luke's Charity Cards Challenge this month our challenge is a colour one - black and white plus one - that's the only stipulation - just three colours, otherwise ANYTHING goes.  We have a great prize up for grabs this month, donated by a blogging friend of mine, Zoë who is a Stampin Up demonstrator so she has donated a great set of their stamps.  Check out the challenge for all the details.

For my card, I guess it will come as no surprise to those that know me, that my chosen 3rd colour was teal....  I know, I should break out of my colour comfort zone but I couldn't help myself. 


In honour of Zoë's donation, I decided to use some Stampin Up products myself and opted for the gorgeous Manhattan rose embossing folder which I totally adore.  I carefully inked the raised up side of the folder with a brayer and momento black ink.  I then ran it through my machine and used the debossed side with the black lines on my card.  I added a simple sentiment from There She Goes and matted onto black and teal and finished with a teal bow and pearl.  Check out the challenge to see what the rest of the DT have for you to gaze at.  Do play along - we're aiming for 50 cards this month, and you could even win a great stamp set.

Thanks for visiting.

Craftilicious x

6 comments:

  1. Tara - just wonderful, clean, simple and stunning. I love this folder, but for some reason haven't got it yet! The teal is perfect against black and white and your bow is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Tara. Love that EF and especially inked up in the black, very effective. The touch of teal is perfect and I love your bow. I`ve tried so many times to do a bow like this and I just can`t do it. Think I need a tut.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very classy card Tara like where you have placed your blue ribbon and just adore that bow

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card. Would love to know how you made that bow. Don't you just love TSG?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Tara, fab technique and you've executed it perfectly with the EF. Love the teal bow too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips