Friday 15 July 2011

Pinteresting Cake........

I'm back, with a much more relaxed post as the two challenges I am entering this card into both started today so no mad panic to beat the deadline!

It was a no-brainer for me to combine these challenges - the first at one of my regular weekly haunts - CAS-ual Fridays is to create a card featuring sweets and treats, the second at Daring Cardmakers is to use a photo from pinterest as your inspiration.  I LOVE pinterest and being cooking as well as crafting obsessed my pinterest board features lots of cakes as well as cards and this was the first image that jumped out at me.

                                                                       Source: gnyc.net via Craftilicious on Pinterest


Doesn't it look stunning with the creamy pink and delicate decoration???  This is my CAS interpretation of the photo inspiration.


I knew instantly when I saw it that I could use my lovely new "eat cake" set from waltzingmouse stamps to create the cake and stand.  This stamp does come with some flowers, but I decided to use a different stamp from an old woodware oriental set to achieve a closer look to the cherry blossom.  I used just 3 versa magic inks in pinks and brown to create the whole card.  The sentiment is also from the eat cake set.  I finished with a little bakers twine at the top.

I'm back to find more inspiration on pinterest - check it out if you haven't before - its basically your own online pinboard and its fabulously useful for storing images of things you want to go back and play with.

Happy crafting!

Craftilicious x

20 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant - a perfect interpretation of the photo. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow that cake is just amazing and I love the way you've interpreted it on your gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cake, would make a great wedding cake too for a wedding card. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara - this cake looks so delicious!!! It's such a pretty card.

    I must check out Daring Cardmakers - thanks for the tip!

    Are you playing along with WMS Blog Waltz on 17th?

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first glance I thought you had made the cake... Love your card and the colours used. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow pretty elegant creation dear.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is brilliant. Great interpretation. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousJuly 16, 2011

    Oooh that pin is lovely! Great choice. Your interpretation is fab, I just love that stamped tiered cake and the touches of bling. :o) Thanks for playing along with our Pinteresting dare and for the lovely comment on my blog. :oD

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Thanks for playing along with the daring cardmakers! xx Leo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is superbly gorgeous! Thanks for sharing--I'm gonna go to Pinterest for inspiration more often!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful interpretation of that gorgeous cake!! So glad you had fun with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AnonymousJuly 17, 2011

    Wow, what a great photo choice and your card is just brilliant. Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...what a beautiful inspiration photo, and what a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! I can totally see where you got your inspiration - amazing!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful pin, I love all that cherry blossom decoration. Gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing with us at The Daring Cardmakers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. An amazing card, love the delicate feel to it, Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful work!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    hugs
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips