Friday 29 July 2011

Featuring Buttons.....

The Daring Cardmakers this week want us to make cards with buttons - but rather than just bunging one in a corner, we have to make them part of the feature image.  The DT have some great samples with really quirky ideas for incorporating buttons, and as I've just got a new stamp set full of button images, I wanted to play along.


I was inspired by the phrase - "one in a million",  and created a sentiment I could apply to my DH who does put up with a lot from me and this crafting lark!  I created the sentiments in word art using cena font, applying a wave and a shadow to mimic the shape of my stamped buttons.  Now I know there aren't actually a million buttons on my card, but I hope my idea gets the message across by featuring just one real button on my card.  As it's a DL card, then I am also entering it into this week's CAS-ual Friday's  'the long and short of it' challenge which is to create a DL sized card but maintaining a lot of white space.

Back tomorrow for LIM and some more entries for the Crissy Armstrong DT call which closes this weekend.

Craftilicious x

12 comments:

  1. Just brilliant Tara, love the design and the curved sentiment is perfect :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the row of stamped buttons with the real button amongst them, fits the sentiment perfectly. Think my other half needs one of these too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful card and the image and sentiment go well together,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fab card is absolutely "Right on the Button" for The Daring Cardmakers'challenge this week this week, Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card, I love it! Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! It looks like a centipede, which has a million legs, doesn't it?! LOL Love your fun colors and very clever idea! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea - love the sentiment and the button in the centre really pops! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great idea to use a wavy sentiment and line the buttons up that way too!! I love the green you used...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful idea! I love the colour scheme too. Thanks for joining in with my first challenge at the Daring Cardmakers this week x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your take on this weeks dare. Thanks for sharing with us at the Daring Cardmakers 'Cute as a Button' dare this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips