Monday 18 July 2011

Happy Trails

Just a quickie tonight as I've picked up a new book and can't seem to put it down - it's one of the ones from The TV Book Club called The Radleys and I'm already 50 pages in after an hour or so.

Anyway, enough waffle - on the card!  Tonight I have a commission to share.  A guy at work asked me to make a card as he couldn't find anything appropriate in the shops.  A friend of his has had some bad news about his health, so has sold his house and is taken himself to America to drive route 66 on this motorbike while he is well enough to do so.  To me, that meant only one thing - out with the waltzingmouse way out west set......


I used a yellow, grey and black ink to create a background with a glowing sunrise, stamped the background hills with dessert sand chalk ink, and then the foreground and cacti in black.  The bike is a digi paper available both coloured or colourable and the route 66 sign is from a photo.  The sentiment is from back in the saddle which goes with the way out west set - it may seem a little odd in the circumstances but we hope that his trip will be very happy.

Craftilicious x

4 comments:

  1. Tara - this is just fantastic! I love the way you've created the sunrise over the distant hills, I'm sure that the guy will really appreciate this card - it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tara - what a show stopper! I absolutely love the scene you've made and the fabulous light effect. I hope the guy has a wonderful time too. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is amazing Tara, I love the sun rise scene it's just perfectly created. Those WMS scenes are great :)
    The stamps on my circles cards are a clear Woodware set called space cadet...found some on ebay

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Woodware-Clear-Magic-Stamps-Space-Cadet-/300414311113

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your enjoying 'The Radleys's. Your views would be most welcome on the 'The TV Book Club Facebook site!http://www.facebook.com/groups/280023530745
    and
    The TV Book Clubbers spin off site:
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/177444958988022

    David: deweyd@hotmail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips