Wednesday 13 July 2011

Another Crissy Armstrong DT Entry


I'm having lots of fun making cards with Crissy's images whilst her DT challenge is open this month.  I have to admit that its the first time some of the stamps are seeing ink....  This image is a new one that I came across on her digi-downloads and I HAD to have it as I used to collect frogs so this little lady just spoke to me - not just a frog, but a frog with attitude!  The pose reminded me of Mae West and her famous "come up and see me sometime" quote.


I went with a pointillism colouring technique, in the style of Seurat, using copics as I thought this would be perfect to add some realistic texture to the frogs skin.  I then found a picture of some lily pads on the internet and printed them to create a background, mounted onto yellow to pull out the colour of the costume for balance and then created my custom sentiments on the laptop which I cut with nesties and mounted on more yellow.  I cut the frog out with a nellie snellen frame die and threaded some green and white twine to create a border.  I decided to add some lace to match the frilly edge to the image and am pleased with how it contrasts with the strong realistic background image.  I've got a couple more images coloured up which I'll turn into more cards next week.

Craftilicious x

3 comments:

  1. This came out fantastic. The copic technique did really make it realistic. Great job. Good luck with the call. I have this image and I totally made a mess with it today so I had to scrap it and start over with Courageous Carl. I have to admit as well that I am having a lot of fun coloring these images. I've only gotten 2 entries done so far. Look at you on #4 already. Way to go! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Tara. I never realised frogs could look glamorous lol. Good luck with the DT call but at this rate you should sail through.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sentiment is too funny and goes so well with Beach Baby Jayme! You lilly pad background is also a great idea. Thanks for another entry into my DT call!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips