Tuesday 5 July 2011

Our Anniversary

Today is our anniversary, we've been married for 4 years, but together for almost 17 - Dad's illness forced us to arrange a wedding in just 3 weeks!  This year we both made cards not just me so I thought I'd share them with you all.

Here's my card - I used a new stamp set I just got from Craftie Charlie - a lovely set from My Minds Eye called Stella and Rose but I only used the one lamp stamp.  I made it quite simple with some some green stamping, then I stamped one lamp in black and stamped the shade onto a green snippet and layered it up and cut it out.  I used a yellow pencil and blended out with sansoder to create the light from this lamp.  The sentiments are computer generated.


Here's my hubby's card for me.  He is quite artistic - he draws comics and figures brilliantly but he's only ever made a card once before and we did that together.  This time he obviously had to do it without me.  So, I pulled out some suitable stamps for him to choose from, showed him the different inks and matching stampable papers - gave him a draw full of snippets (couldn't have him cutting one of the sheets I'm "saving" now could I!) and left him to it.  A couple of hours later - he emerged with an envelope and this is the fabulous creation inside - it's he clever?!?!?


He quite often does the cutting for me on my big kick so does know how to use it, but has never done it on his own - I didn't even show him where the embossing folders were!  He went for teal, as not only is it my favourite colour, but it was the theme of our wedding, taken from my wedding dress as you can see from the photo below.



We've had a lazy morning and now we're going to go out for a nice lunch before the weather changes and the rain comes in........

Craftilicious x

5 comments:

  1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

    Your cards to each other are beautiful and far more special than anything you could have bought anywhere.

    It would be lovely to do this each year and then when it is your ruby anniversary you can get them all out and see how your styles have changed.

    I hope you have a lovely day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to you both.
    Your card is lovely and the sentiment is fantastic but your husbands card is fabulous. I think you may have some competition on your hands.
    Have a great day.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary dear.
    Lovely creations too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara - wishing you both a very Happy Anniversary - love the wedding photo!! Your cards to each other are just perfect. I love the lamplight card you made, and the teal heart from your hubby to you - just so romantic!! Hope you've had a wonderful day. Hugs, Deborah xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary, what a clever hubby. Both great cards

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips