Saturday 9 July 2011

One-layer with legs...

I'm late with my Less is More entry this week as it was our summer BBQ at work yesterday which I organise so I've not been online since Wednesday as I've been up to my eyeballs in burgers and veggie koftas - a BBQ for 50 catered single-handed takes quite a lot of doing!  I log on today to do my post and my whole world is upside down - WHAT DID THEY DO TO BLOGGER?????  I am so confused - it took me 20 minutes just to get into my blog - I'm going to have to do some serious button pressing later to find where they hid everything.

Anyway, enough moaning, while I was waiting for a long soaky bath to run this afternoon after the BBQ clean-up, I checked out this weeks challenge on LIM, which is a one layer card featuring something with legs.  As I'm also entering Crissy Armstrongs current DT challenge I decided to use one of my favourite of her images - Buster the bulldog.


As this is one-layer week at LIM, I decided to do him very simply as I've coloured him before this way on kraft card and knew it works really well.  I've just used 4 shades of brown, grey and a hint of cream faber castel pencils on buster and blended them with sansoder and blending stumps.  A green colour, a little green grass to ground the image and his sentiment in a matching green finish him off nicely.  If you like Buster, check out Crissy's challenge and all her other amazing images - she captures the expression in animals especially so well.


Off to check out what the rest of the LIMettes have been up to this week - I've missed my morning LIM fix :-(

Craftilicious x

25 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Tara. Perfect for the challenge. I`ve not had a problem with blogger, just the odd comment I can`t leave. I hope it doesn`t go like last time.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Tara, fab image. Hope you feel better now xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh he is so fun!! Great card~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaah! Buster is a proper cutie and I love the colouring directly on the kraft card stock. Very impressed at your single-handed catering for 50!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fun card, fabulous image
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made Buster look adorable. I love the simple look of this card too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fab card - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I WANT Buster!!! Adorable card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tara - Buster couldn't look more fed up if he tried!!! This really made me smile. Lovely image, beautifully coloured. It's great.

    As for Blogger - I rather like the new look - and once you get used to it, it's fine. However, everytime they tweak it, something plays up!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. BTW - well done on doing a BBQ for 50 on your own!!! Mad woman!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You deserve a break after all that catering! Glad it went well. Great card with another fab image. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  12. He's lovely, A super card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great colouring Tara and a super card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw! poor Buster, but you have made him so real, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw I love him he is so cuddly reminds me of my Rosy ( French Bulldog ) great image and lovely colours.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant card, he looks so grumpy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. FAB card, love that doggie!
    Super cute
    Thanks very much
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cute! Love the card you made:-,thank you for joining us at Sundays with Crissy
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an expression! Love the colouring onto Kraft. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tara, that dog is just adorable...and the quote couldn't be more perfect!! Love the coloring you did! Looks awesome! My Card

    ReplyDelete
  21. your colouring is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great job with the colouring. He does look fed up. The sentiment matches his expression exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aw, that is a great card and a great sentiment! Love it! Coloring is awesome! Too cute! See ya over at digidarla.com!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fab card Tara...he so reminds me of 'Butch' from the Tom and Jerry cartoons:)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips