Sunday 17 July 2011

St Luke's Mid Month Reminder

This is my second post today - if you're looking for my Waltz post then please scroll down.

As we're half way through July now, its time for a little reminder of our current challenge over at St Luke's Charity Cards Challenge blog which this month is to make a card just using Black and White plus one accent colour.  For my first post, I went to my favourite colour of teal, so for this second card, I've gone out of my comfort zone with pink!


I started with the frame-it set from Waltzingmouse and stamped it onto a white square just larger than the frame stamp, and added the Happy Birthday sentiment in the gap in pink.  I added the bird chandelier that was free with craft stamper a few months back and just added a little pink glitter to its crystal droplets.  I added a very narrow black matt then mounted it onto a wide pink matt and added a decorative stamped corner with the same pink ink I stamped the sentiment with.  Another black matt to bring it all together - et voila - a quick and easy black and white card with a touch of an accent colour.

Don't forget we have a great stampin up stamp set as our prize this month for our best card - we're currently running at just 21 entries so the odds are in your favour - so come on, get your craft on and get inky with us :-D

Craftilicious x

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful - elegant - sophisticated. Outstanding job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and very classy too. Fabulous Tara. Love the pink with the corner detail. That chandelier is gorgeous and made all the more lovely with the touch of pink glitter.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet romantic card. You've reminded me to check out the shops to see if that issue of Craft Stamper is on the shelves yet. We get them very late over here in Canada but I really enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the look of this one!!!

    That chandelier is stunning and I love the touch of sparkle.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, wonderfully elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is lovely, very Less Is More and sophisticated. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tara - this is so elegant. You'd never know that pink is out of your comfort zone - it's gorgeous! Love the detail in the corner.

    I'm posting my reminder tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips