Sunday 1 May 2011

St Luke's 2nd Charity Challenge - Pattern!

THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who took part in our first challenge - 33 entries is not bad for first attempt.  Lets hope it just grows and grows.

For the second challenge this month, one of the DT, Ciara suggested we played with pattern.  I hit upon an idea straight away - I wanted to cut out the letters of BIRTHDAY on my cricut and then stamp half of them and half of the background so it looks like the letters have been "peeled" out of the cardstock...


This was actually my THIRD attempt at this card - first I used a pale green ink and I couldn't see it clearly enough through the stamp to get the repeats correct across the card.  I switched to this eggplant ink, but my second attempt I didn't get it right either.  There is still a section on this third attempt where I pressed a bit hard, repeat patterns take a bit of practice!  I do like the effect I originally set out to achieve though.  The stamp I used is one from a Martha Stewart set all of which are patterns so a very useful set to practice with (watch this space for more pattern!!!)  The HAPPY is stamped with individual letters from one of the first stamp sets I bought many years ago - its a very handy little set by Hero Arts

Do pop on over to the other DT blogs to see what inspiration they have and then go and get your pattern mojo working and let's see what you can come up with over on the challenge site - you've got until the end of May to play.

                                           Craftilicious x

8 comments:

  1. Great card Tara...love the way the BIRTHDAY pops out of the card.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card Tara! Great idea to have the letters popping out like that. I've looked at that stamp set a few times and would definitely need my stamp-a-ma-jig to get the patterns matched up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very patient to stamp over the page like that, I don`t think I could do it. Very effective though with the letters popping out of the card. Fabulous.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog and letting me know about the shops. I actually live in Mexborough but would be able to travel to Sheffield once a month or so with cards. I'll find out where the nearest shop is.
    Thanks for the tip off - hate to waste money on postage.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoops forgot to add I think your idea with the letters is very clever and so effective.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very clever idea! I gotta try that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a good idea - love the repeated pattern - I know what you mean about taking care when stamping!!! Love the reverse pattern on the birthday letters!

    Sorry it's taken a while to get around - but I'm still sorting myself out after my trip to India!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips