Friday 6 May 2011

A new challenge

I saw Lady LIM's blog tonight and she had entered a brand new CAS challenge - CASual Fridays (http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com/2011/05/cas-ual-fridays-challenge-cfc1.html) - a CAS challenge that isn't LIM - is that allowed?  Well I decided to have a play, but now I've done it, it does feel slightly like I'm cheating on LIM......


Anyhow - the challenge is to have text prominent on your card in some way.  I have this gorgeous Reflections paper pad in A4 size from Prima and lots of the papers have text on them.  I decided to use a stamp that also had text on it as well so opted for this thistle from crafty individuals which I inked up with my favourite - mix the inks on the stamp technique as you never can tell what you will get.  I used peeled paint and broken china distress inks and momento tuxedo black.  I finished it off with a tiny butterfly cut from the prima paper.

I may play on Fridays too but I will always be a LIMette at heart......  

....see you in the morning LIMettes :-)

14 comments:

  1. We're so happy you came to visit and decided to play! Hooray for new friends :) That paper really is gorgeous and your little blue butterfly adds a wonderful color balance. Thanks for getting texty with us and we look forward to more CAS-ual Fridays with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card with lovely colors! I'm glad you did find the challenge and decide to play at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 07, 2011

    What a great focal image! Love the collage style stamp and it coordinates very well with your text paper. I love the color you achieved with peeled paint and broken china, I must give this combo a whirl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful entry! So glad you dropped by The Break Room at CAS-ual Fridays! As I mentioned to Chrissie, my husband is from Manchester & my bestie lives in Cheshire, so it's always fun to have the UK represented in both my challenges! So glad you could play with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - this is gorgeous!! So glad you decided to "cheat" on LIM, but seriously, can't we all just play together?!! There's room for everyone, don't you think?! Especially when you submit beautiful projects like this. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - I so hope you'll join us again!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so soft and beautiful!
    Thanks for playing at CAS!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card!!! tfs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really pretty - love the stamped image and the pretty butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card!
    It's fab to see fellow LIMettes joining in like one big (HUGE) happy familly xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a gorgeous and unique spin on text and CAS. I love the soft colors and feel of it. So glad you joined us for the first ever CAS-ual Fridays challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous layered work. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Friday's Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the soft blues you used

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really pretty! I love the soft colors! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty card. Don't worry there are a few of us limettes who have strayed to the Cas-ual side for a bit of a play! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips