Tuesday 17 May 2011

Cas-ual Friday Week 2

I've tried several times to make a card for the new challenge at Casual Fridays since it went live on Friday night which is to use twine and buttons, which sounded like a doddle, but it turned out not to be so.  I'm not sure I like this now its done, I think I needed a black mat behind the red, but can't get it off now its stuck....


The poppy is a two part stamp from chocolate baroque - one solid stamped in red, one line stamped over the top (should have used my lego blocks to align it!) in black.  The sentiment is personal impressions.  I like the tiny dotty buttons and need to buy some more.

I'm off to bed to read my book and to hope the crafting fairy visits with my missing mojo tomorrow....

Craftilicious x

9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your mojo went missing! Mine did too :( Perhaps there is a mojo party somewhere that we weren't invited too? ;) I really like the long thin panel and those little polka dotted buttons are really darling! You could add a black panel like you mentioned-might make the buttons pop a bit- but its a really good design on its own :) Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you didn't explain, I wouldn't have known your original idea...HOWEVER, this turns out beautifully! There is no limit for entries, so feel free to enter more cards for the challenge! So glad that you got to join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Hope to see more of your FAB work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful creation, the dotted buttons set your card off so nicely! Thanks for choosing to play along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I like your card - I love the image and the panel and the cute buttons. Perhaps black would have been a good idea - but this is still great!

    I haven't even started my CAS-ual card yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah - there's definitely a mojo party going on somewhere and we weren't invited! LOL My mojo is missing, too!! I think this is really pretty, though. Love the sweet image, and the twine and buttons really add a fun point of interest and texture. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, I love poppies!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful line of buttons and twine. Thank you so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are your Indian spices online shop, specializing in everything from curry mixes to masala kits and individual herbs and spices. As all good cooks know, you can't create the perfect dish without the right ingredients - we're here to make sure that you've always got exactly what you need.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips