Friday 27 May 2011

Casual Friday Week 4

It's Friday which means a new challenge over at Cas-ual Fridays.  As I did the first challenge, I decided I wanted to try and play every week, and I've done the first 3, I thought I might struggle this week though as the theme is "Graduation".  Well this isn't such a big deal in the UK as it is in the US so I don't have any graduation themed craft supplies so I thought I was going to have to skip it.  However, as I used to work for a University I do know they present scrolls at Graduation (fake ones for the ceremony!) so I thought I could make my own fake scroll and this would make a perfect clean and simple card.


The scroll is a just a little pearl paper, tied with red ribbon, and mounted onto gold pearl trimmed with the same red ribbon.  I mounted both onto a black square base card and rounded the bottom corners for extra interest.  I added a simple "congratulations" stamped onto the same pearl paper as the scroll and set deliberated off centre.  I just need to find a graduate to give it to now....

Here's the challenge site if you want to play along http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com/2011/05/cas-ual-fridays-challenge-cfc4.html

Craftilicious x

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful idea and very creative to make your scroll! How very excellent!! We've enjoyed having you play with us from the beginning :) Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooo CUTE!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara - you really are quick off the mark!! I like this, really rich colours - reminds me of a degree hood - the scroll is super.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! Isn't it amazing what you can come up with when presented with a challenge? Love your innovation in the rolled diploma!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea, love the clean design too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousMay 29, 2011

    Oooo love the glitzy gold and red on that black and that rolled diploma is too cute :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little rolled up diploma - fun, regal colors too. Thank you so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great idea! and super cute too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips