Saturday 7 May 2011

LIM White on White Take 3......

Yes I'm back again and yes DIVA LIM I take back my hate comment unreservedly, I think I actually LOVE white on white now :-)  You can give me lines if I complain again ;-)

This wasn't something I intended to do in white at all.  I'm going to make the wedding invites for my husbands friend and his wife to be but they haven't really got an idea of what they want so I said I'd mock up a few ideas.  With all the playing I'd be doing on the cricut with the pearly white card this morning, I just thought it would work so well as a wedding invite (although she's not going for white so it might morph into cream on cream or something similar but at least this was a good place to start for ideas.)


I started with the carnation flower - which is handmade.    I learnt how to make them last Sunday at the papercraft show and they are super easy - you just need a circular scalloped punch, a brad and a water spritzer.  [Edit Sunday - here is a quick tutorial on how to make them as requested]  However, as easy as they are, I'm not sure I'm going to fancy making them over 200 times if they pick this design....  I'll have to make sure the other designs are a bit more easy to assemble!   I cut the flourishes from the same cindy loo cartridge on my cricut in the same pearly card and cut the nestie label in the same card before stamping and embossing the "you're invited" onto it with an opaque white powder (shows better IRL than I can get the photograph to show here today with the awful light thanks to the rubbish weather).  I cut a strip of white card and a matching strip of stripey vellum and wrapped a sheer white edged ribbon around it et voila!

I'm also going to enter this into the "wedding challenge" over at die cut dreams http://diecutdreams.blogspot.com/2011/04/die-cut-dreams-challenge-88-wedding.html

Right, that is definitely it for me today - got to get ready to go out this evening as we're off to see the mighty Daniel Kitson at the Crucible - he's so amazingly funny we see him every time he's here.

Have a good weekend
                                   Craftilicious x

30 comments:

  1. Blimey, you ARE on a roll! This is another fabbylicious entry from you - will there be more?

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to inspire some who hates 'White on White' to make 3 cards and be a convert to boot!
    Super Tara!
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Tara
    No lines this week lol Wont forget another time though hehe

    Super job
    thank you!
    Diva LIM mandi
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow all three are wonderful love the flower on this one must have a go white on white is hard though to get your head around but when it's done well the cards are stunning as yours are
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousMay 07, 2011

    My goodness! You're on a roll now!! Fab!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your cards are amazing. The handmade flower is gorgeous. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi sweetie, this is gorgeous love the white choice and the design, big hugs love pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cor, another? Lovely too. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a Beautiful card!
    Hugs Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - another fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card xx jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh Tara...how easily you are turned lol. Yet another fabulous card. You`re showing me up now.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful. love the flower

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tara - now you're just showing off!!! Three cards and so quickly too! And all gorgeous. This is really lovely. Deborah x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tara, I've made these flowers before and they are time consuming....but so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. another gorgeous card !!! I would love to know how to make these flowers ,, maybe you could do a little tut ?? :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. You made me laugh!! Don't you just hate having to take something back. ;)
    Another great card; I love the flower, carnations are my favorites. :0
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card, your flower is gorgeous
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  19. 3 great cards - I think my fav is the first one.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow you are on a spurt, another gorgeous card, fab flower too

    ReplyDelete
  21. Three super cards, think the second one is my favourite. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another stunner ! Who likes white on white now eh ?? will there be a number 4 ?

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi there, I was browsing through the "Less is More" WOW, & had to come look at what the flower really looked like.... I LOVE it!!! Did you hand-make or use a template?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooops!!! I just went to your little Tute how to make the flower... Thanks a heap!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fab card love the flower too :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card, love the carnation.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Another beauty, You're definitely on a roll here. This one is a beauty too:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. what a lovely card, and the carnation just looks perfect on it, thanks for the tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, this is gorgeous, you're definitely on a roll.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips