Saturday 14 May 2011

LIM Week 15 Embossing - Take 2 plus disasters!

Back again.  Chrissie gave me some fantastic tips on how to avoid the dreaded black spots so I thought I'd give the challenge another go.

This time I used one of my new chocolate baroque stamps - I bought them because I liked that you got a solid and an outline of the same image - in this case, an iris.  I created a gold mirror background using a glue stick and some mixed colour flakes and stamped the solid version in stazon over the top.  I used stazon again to stamp the outline version, half on, half off the flakes.  I wiped over the card with talc and stamped a greeting in the corner with black ink and embossed it.  Still a few tiny dots but nothing that would ruin the card this time, phew (and thanks Chrissie - you and Mandi are so generous with your time and tips and I know us LIMettes really appreciate it).


I thought I'd share the two disasters now I've rescued them - no longer one layer so don't fit the challenge, but I am pleased with the rescued results so thought it was worth sharing them.  The first is dry embossed along the bottom with a cuttlebug edge folder decorated with lilac pearl dots.  I did stamp the sentiment directly onto the card, but I screwed up the alignment so had to mat and layer it twice to get it centralised (LIM fail but I like it now it's "fixed")


The second is actually the card I started with this morning, my new poppies from the same chocolate baroque set as the iris.  I stamped and embossed originally centrally onto a square card, but I had lot of ugly dots all around so I carefully cut it out (again now no longer LIM one layer but worth rescuing I felt as it is a gorgeously luscious image) and coloured with copics, polychoromos and a little glitter.  The sentiment strip is from craft candy.


Right, am off for a quick look at what everyone else has been doing before I go to collect my husband from work and make our paella.

Best wishes,   Craftilicious x x

25 comments:

  1. Your poppies are gorgeous, I love Poppies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara - I can't believe you've already made two cards for this challenge and rescued two more!! Of the three cards here, my two favourites are the poppies - which are stunning, and the Back in the Saddle - both absolutely fab! Yes, I know I picked the one that are not for this challenge - :) That's me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS cards! They are all great! I particularly like the middle one.

    Hugs, Sandra My card is HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three Super cards. I've never tried using the metallic flakes - they give a great effect. I have the back in the saddle stamps but never used this one for a female card - it's fab and I love the embossed border. Poppies are coloured beautifully. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant cards, I love the poppies though. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So creative, bet your disasters were only ever in your eyes. The poppies love them but its the use of gilding flakes on the top one that gets the WOW! XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. The super thing about crafters is that we don't waste!
    Even though your previous attempts have been rendered inadmissible for this particular challenge, they are still great pieces of craftwork and can be used for other things, which I think is wonderful!
    Well done you!
    Thanks so much for your comments and for this second submission.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW those are brill cards, you have been busy, all I have done is looked :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been a busy bee. Not only have you made 3 cards you`ve redone 2 of them, beautifully. That`s 5 cards really. What ever you`re on, I want some....Brilliant cards all.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. love that poppy stamp, it's lush xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done on saving your other designs Tara
    Chrissie and I only said yesterday, other wouldn't see what wee see and would be chuffed!
    This is super, well done
    Thank you
    Diva LIM mandi
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all lovely cards Tara, I'm glad you could rescue the other two, they're beautiful. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  14. gosh you have been busy. well done on the rescues - I hate wasting work. I just love those poppies, you have me interested in these stamps now and I don't need anymore!
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Smashing selection - hard to pick a fave!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  16. AnonymousMay 15, 2011

    Three fabulous cards, love those poppies!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cards, love the poppies as well. Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant - love the saddle one - the embossed border is beautiful. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, you have been busy & your time was well spent. Lovely cards, especially the poppys!
    Stacex

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gosh you're dedicated, turning them around, love all of these cards, the middle is my favourite but the poppies come a close second:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. All lovely cards. Really love your rescued 'fails', they're gorgeous :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great cards, love the poppies
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  23. How wonderful that you were able to save your cards! I don't always do that...guess I should try harder! Love all of your cards...but I think my favorite is the poppies...but I do love red!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great cards. The poppies has to be my favourite though (I love poppies).

    Heat embossing isn't my favourite technique - not as easy as it seems. Those persky black bits get everywhere (I picked up a tip from somewhere which I tried yesterday - dusting talc wrapped in a bit of muslin cloth over my card before stamping - it seems to have done the trick) Sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  25. all are gorgeous and the two rescued cards are beautiful
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips