Tuesday 17 May 2011

Pattern on Pattern

I thought I'd make another card for my charity card challenge  in aid of St Luke's Hospice in Sheffield which this month is all about pattern.  The challenge is open until the end of May so you've got plenty of time to play along - I hope you do, even if you can't post your card to the charity - play along online and help me spread the word about the challenge to as many bloggers as possible.  I'd like to get more players each month if possible so our little challenge grows from strength to strength.  Thank you ;-)



I also added some twine and a button, as I really wasn't happy with my entry to  CAS-usal Friday Challenge yesterday, so I thought if I used the twine to edge and separate the patterns in the central strip, and one central black button added a little interest and balance to the simple sentiment at the bottom.  I used a kraft card embossed with polka dots as the base for my card so I have dots, spots, stripes, gingham and diamonds - so plenty of pattern, but still in a clean and simple way.

Do remember to pop over to the St Luke's Charity Cards Challenge and take a copy of our blinkie for your sidebar to help spread the word about this simple fundraising idea.  Thanks again...

Have a good evening - Craftilicious x

9 comments:

  1. I really like this! The panel of patterns is really fun! I've just visited your charity card site-what a wonderful thing!! Thank you for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you have the 2nd entry!! Love the patterns you used and the look is very subtle and sophisticated! And what a great thing to do for the charity card challenge! VERY inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great clean design - the baker's twine is a wonderful addition and adds great texture!! Thanks again for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - hope you'll join us again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara - this is super - love the soft, muted colours and the way you've used the twine! I must admit that I'm impressed you're on your second CAS-ual card - I've not my first. Yet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, I will pop over and take a look now, good luck with it all, such a worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousMay 18, 2011

    Love your center panel with all those patterns! Great twine and button additions :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a simple but effective card! I like the multi-hued panel a lot and the BG too. So glad you joined us for CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, Pretty card, lots of pattern here and really lovely colour. I'll keep a look out for your OLW entry! Have fun:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips