Thursday 19 May 2011

OLW inspired by cake :-)

This is only the second time I've entered the OLW challenge over at Simplicity, but as I am all about the CAS of late thanks entirely to my weekly dabblings in LIM,  so I think it will become a regular thing from now on.
 
I absolutely loved the challenge this time round - you had to choose a cake from Cake Wrecks and use it as the inspiration for a baby card.  I chose the following cake as I love chocolate and pink together - although in my interpretation I completely changed the colours!


I used the stripes and the piping as my inspirational details.  I used an oval nestie to very lightly draw ovals on the top of the card and then drew over the pencil lines with liquid pearls in lilac.  I used the same liquid pearl to create the dotty pattern.  At the bottom of the card I created stripes in two shades of purple, masking off the stripes with post-its and sponging ink on top.  To finish it off I used some sheer ribbon to create a single central bow.  The sentiment is from a Joanna Sheen baby bunny set I think.


I really enjoyed taking inspiration from an object - it was lots of fun so here's the link to the challenge if you want to play along - http://simplicitybylateblossom.blogspot.com/2011/05/one-layer-wednesday-54-baby-cakes.html

Thanks for stopping by....
Craftilicious x

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card, the purples are great together, and the font is such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, I'm newish to this 'picture inspiration' type of challenge too, it certainly makes you look at things in a different way :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Love your card inspired by this cake! I'm amazed at all the different looks we've created from one photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great baby card! Love the script of your "baby"...I can see the inspiration of your cake in your card...sweet:)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips