Friday 6 May 2011

A stripey sketch

I've not done much crafting for the last couple of weeks - with feeling poorly and then a trip to a papercraft show on Sunday filling my craft room with more "stuff to find a home for" leaving my crafting space in too much of a mess to do anything.

I really fancied having a go with some of my new stash though so had a look at what challenges are out there this week and I really liked the sketch over at card patterns http://cardpatterns.blogspot.com/2011/04/sketch-113.html so I decided to play along and this is my interpretation of the sketch.


It's a computer generated sentiment, cut in a nestie and coloured with distress ink.  I layered it with stripey decorative paper (which would fit my current pattern challenge over on the St Luke's Charity Card Challenge blog too), layers of black and then a gold paper ribbon.  The little black flowers threaded onto the red silk ribbon are made from a set of punches I got at the fair - you cut the slots for the ribbon first, then go ahead and punch the flowers out after (there is a third which creates a sort of paperclip flower)  They are bit awkward to line up and stiff to punch as they are button rather than lever punches but give a really cute effect.

Thanks for stopping by - Craftilicious x

2 comments:

  1. Pretty Creation dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!! Thank you for playing with us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips