Saturday 7 May 2011

LIM Week 14 White on White

Morning to my LIMette mates - its Saturday so its our favourite challenge of the week.....

I was chatting with Lady LIM yesterday on email as she is kindly donating some cards to my charity card challenge and we joked about her not giving me a hint at what today's challenge would be and I said as long as it's not acetate again it will be fine - but boy oh boy I think today's white on white is actually even more scary and definitely more difficult that the dreaded acetate.  My heart sank and I nearly wimped out, but my husband told me to just think outside the box and have a go.

I'm glad I did - cos I don't think this will be my only entry this week - I have another one "drying" as I type....



I started with a 5" square and I cut the frame on my cricut on pearl white using my favourite cartridge "cindy loo" cut to 4.75" to fit the card.  I ran the frame through a dotty embossing folder on my big kick and added 4 white dotty craft candy dots.  I originally stamped the "love" heart direct to the card in white and embossed it with white tinsel, but it really didn't show up, so I hope doing it in black counts as "outline" as per the rules of this weeks challenge - I did TRY to be totally white Miss honest!  I don't remember where I got the stamp its part of a set (the other heart is smaller and the love is in relief) as I've had them for years.  It's my friends anniversary later this month so I think this may well be their card (good job they don't read my blog!!!)

As well as entering this into Less is More, I'm also going to make this one a second entry into CASual Friday's new challenge as this one is definately focussed on "text" which is their theme.  Fellow LIMettes should check out their challenge if you haven't already - I think it might be almost as much fun as our weekly LIM fix ;-)   Mix your text with some pattern and then you can enter my challenge too......

Happy crafting - see you later with my second entry - and now I'm inspired and less scared of white, maybe even a third!
                                     Craftilicious x

52 comments:

  1. Oooh, love this weeks challenge, thanks for stopping by my blog last week, I am so going to have to play this week too!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Tara. I struggled with this weeks theme too, it'd definitely harder than it sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card - love the frame!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely Tara, fabulous embossed frame - love all the dots !
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello craftilicious, thank you for your comment.
    Beautiful card, i love your frame.Good job.
    A hug from Palma de Mallorca

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you added the word ALMOST in describing the 'other CAS challenge' as "as much fun as ours"... you may have had to go and sit on the naughty step otherwise!
    Worse than the dreaded acetate... I don't believe it... this is a fabulous card... see how we get your creative juices flowing!
    Thanks for a super card!
    Chrissie
    "Lady LIM"
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. HELLO
    THIS IS A fAB CARD...LOVE IT ...I WAS A BIT SCARED ...ALTHOUGH I AM EVERY WEEK ...LOVE IT



    HUGS
    SYLVIE
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you were lucky then Tara, underlining almost lol
    Super card, thank to your hubby for making you not woos out!
    Diva LIM Less is More
    mandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful, a perfect, classy anniversary card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so very pretty!! love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabbylicious card from you - now I can't wait to see the next one aswell!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you framed the sentiment. Love the fine details in this card! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Hope to see your fab work again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AnonymousMay 07, 2011

    Fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card, I love the embossed frame. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty and elegant - love the white on white and that texty heart is delicious!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! I look forward to seeing MORE of your beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it, the frame is gorgeous. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this card - think I'm going to have dust off my Cricut now and have a play. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! What a Beautiful card!
    Hugs Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card love the frame really sets that heart of nicely.
    Hugs Sonia xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card - the frame is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your outside the box process into a box witty. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous Tara. Love that frame.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another fabby card. looking forward to seeing your next Wow card

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is fabulous - love that gorgeous frame!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card, Tara! I love everything about it! Beth. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Super frame and love the heart in the middle. x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ahh, you made it look easy! I wish I wasn't packing for vacation-this white challenge looks so fun!! Your card is gorgeous and I lOVE the texty heart! So happy you played with us again at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, this is a gorgeous card! CAS and Cricut...my two loves!

    ReplyDelete
  31. AnonymousMay 08, 2011

    This is a gorgeous white on white card, very elegant. Love your text heart in the frame! Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Tara, this is beautiful! I love that gorgeous frame!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oooooohhhh this is stunning!!
    Thanks for playing at CAS!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous card Tara :-) I love the frame and the heart text ,, very stylish :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  35. I felt exactly the same much preferred the acetate one and then I went and made 10 for this week, only showing three though. Glad your hubby stepped in as you would have deprived us of this masterpiece , simply stunning beautiful , beautiful work.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  36. A lovely card - love the frame

    ReplyDelete
  37. After the acetate, everything has to be a breeze. ;) Your card is lovely. I love your frame and the "love" heart is greet.
    TFS
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful card, love the frame

    ReplyDelete
  39. GORGEOUS, love the craft candy dots, must go and get some of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gorgeous frame, and a stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hello there, lovely card, all the wonderful texture and different planes, gorgeous card:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is SUCH a pretty card for the LIM challenge. I love that frame and the 'white candy dots'. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog today as well.
    Cheers, Karen
    alteredscrapbookingdotcom

    ReplyDelete
  43. This is a lovely TEXT themed card. And the white on white looks great. SO glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  44. so lovely! Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Great card !!!!!
    nicky

    ReplyDelete
  46. Three beautiful and stunning cards.
    Thank you so muich for your comment on my blog.
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  47. Gorgeous card..Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  48. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips