Saturday 26 July 2014

Summer Relaxation

I've made a card today that is very much suited to the spell of hot weather we're having....

This is based on the colours from our new challenge today at Waltzingmouse Fanatics and the image and the weather just lead me to this card and I wish I was on a beach right now rather than in my hot back bedroom!

This challenge gave me a chance to try out the new inks that we have in store at Make the Day Special Stamp Store - we got the full range of Hero Arts Shadow Inks in, which have been very hard to get hold of in the UK, and I have to say I love them.  I used Tide Pool, Soft Sand and Orange Soda for the background and added the beach hut and umbrella with Wet Cement.  The images and sentiment are all from My Island by Waltzingmouse stamps.

It's a 5 Saturday month which means my other favourite challenge - Less is More - is on an Anything Goes week, so I will be added this card to that challenge too.

Hope those of you who have Waltzingmouse Stamps will join us this fortnight as our numbers are very low just now so the challenge may have to close.....

Sunday 20 July 2014

Singing in the Rain

This week's challenge at LIM is to be inspired by the song "Singing in the Rain" - a much easier challenge than last week's finger print one!   Although I have to say thanks as I got so many lovely comments on my card last week and I hated it - just goes to show that we are our own worst critics!   This is what I did this week:

I'm sorry but I have no idea where I got the image - it's an old red-rubber stamp in my "misc" file so probably something I picked up at a fair at some point (but at least I knew I had it as it was the first stamp I thought of when I saw this challenge!)    I stamped it onto a mini card and then used watercolour paints to colour it and to add the downpour of rain around them.   I didn't have exactly the sentiment I wanted so I decided to just hand write my own.   I have to say I'm much happier with this one than last weeks' effort!

Tuesday 15 July 2014

Er - well - less said the better......

You could be fooled into thinking that todlers have taken over my blog today, but no, I am afraid this is all my own work - I can't actually believe I'm sharing it but here goes my entry to this week's Less is More challenge of "adapt a fingerprint on a one layer card"...........

Now some people in the gallery have done some amazing cards (can't believe Gay and Birgit used fingers!!!) - mine, well as the title says less said the better, but at least I had a go!   I made finger prints with distress inks in a very vaguely peakcock shape and then added the eyes and feathery bits with sakura gel pens.  Sentiment is Kraftin Kimmie.

Right - time to run away..............

Can we have something easier next week PLEASE?????

Friday 11 July 2014


One of my friends at work is very horsey - in fact she just qualified for HOYS (the Horse of the Year Show) last week, so when I see a cute horse stamp I HAVE to have it ready for her birthday card.  It's her birthday today so I'm safe to share the card now.  I've done the horse in the same colours as the one she qualified on.....

The horsey girl stamp is from MFT and the horseshoe die is a Joanna Sheen one.  Just coloured with copics and then finished with a SU sentiment and some (wobbly) dash lines!

I'm sure her 14th month old daughter will love it too as her favourite word, not surprisingly, is horsey!!!

Tuesday 1 July 2014

CASE Histories

We're having a fun challenge this month at my store - we're calling it CASE History and want you to find a project from your first year of blogging and CASE it to see how far your style has come.  I started blogging in 2009 but if you look back, you'll see that there were no craft projects that year - I started off a food blogger but I knew I wanted to blog about crafts too so called my blog Craftilicious - crafty and delicious combined!   So I chose a project from 2010 - a wedding card I made in a box style and you can find the original post here.

I made this box card with the floral frame adhered to a fold in the middle so it had 3 layers and a 3D feel and it was this technique I decided to CASE and update on my new version and this is what came out of it!


I used a nestie to cut a couple of frames and then went full on die cut mode to create the sea scene.  The sailboat is adhered to the dotted paper on the base card, the rainbow and small cloud are stuck to the first frame and the larger cloud on the second frame.  This shot shows the dimension to full effect.

So you may think that the new card bears no resemblance whatsoever to the original - well it doesn't - but it was inspired by the 3D design of the original so it still counts as a CASE study - hope that encourages you to have a go and play along.

As my card is entirely made with die cuts - I am also going to enter it into Virginia's View challenge this month.
Blogging tips